Motivate is looking for an experienced Bike Mechanic to assist with all aspects of bike assembly, maintenance, and repair. This is a unique opportunity to join a bike fleet team that focuses on maintaining a bike share system while also putting an emphasis on exceeding the highest standard for service and safety. Training on technical and unique aspects of bike share bikes will be provided.
Motivate is a best-in-class service operations and logistics company, delivering bike share services to some of the largest urban environments in the U.S.. We operate in 8 markets across the U.S. including New York, San Francisco, Chicago and Washington D.C. and will serve over 1.5 million customers this year alone. Led by a group of urban visionaries and seasoned operations experts, our mission is to revolutionize the landscape of our cities. In an effort to completely transform the urban experience, Motivate is leading the way in making cities more accessible, healthier and sustainable. We operate and maintain safe and dependable systems that help make cities great by connecting individuals to the people and places they love.
About the role
- Complete bicycle repairs in a professional and timely manner.
- Adhere to a set schedule and report for work as assigned.
- Respond to requests from your management team
- Assist in maintaining an OSHA compliant workplace.
- Ensure that all necessary reporting is accurate, complete and timely.
- Receive feedback on performance of conducting repairs and utilize under the guidance of the Bike Fleet Management team.
- Work in an indoor bike repair shop. Outdoor cleaning areas as necessary
- Other duties as assigned.
- You have a minimum of six months of experience in professional bicycle repair.
- You thrive in an environment of continuous feedback.
- You have excellent organizational skills.
- You have experience using hand, air, and power tools.
- You enthusiastically adapt to changes in the work environment.
- You are dependable. You can stick to a schedule and are rarely late.
- You easily follow instructions from management, communicate frequently with the team and solicit feedback from others to improve performance.
- You have proven technical and mechanical aptitude.
- You actively seek creative solutions, ask questions, and continuously seek to improve all aspects of shop operations.
- You remain open to others' ideas while also demonstrating patience and willingness to try new things.
- You are able to do activities that may require bending, stooping, lifting up to 65 pounds.
- Love of biking and bikeshare
Please be advised that this position is part of a bargaining unit where the terms and conditions of employment are governed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement.
The above description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish Motivate's mission. Motivate is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, marital status, pregnancy or any other legally protected status under applicable law. We also provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans With Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law, as well as individuals who need an accommodation because of pregnancy. If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the application process, please contact [the Human Resources Department or the hiring manager].
- Pay Type Hourly
- New York, NY, USA