Surgicenter-Receptionist/Chart Clerk- FT
1272 GARRISON DRIVE
MURFREESBORO, TN 37129
JOB TITLE: Receptionist
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for greeting customers,
providing information, communicating with departments, scheduling of surgeries.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to SurgiCenter Manager.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None.
1. Greets customers in polite, prompt, helpful manner. Provides any necessary instructions/directions. Informs appropriate department/person of patient’s arrival.
2. Completes necessary paperwork such as encounter forms or registration papers. Uses computer system to generate information necessary for billing (i.e. looking up patient chart information to verify address, telephone number, etc.).
3. Updates patient information, verifies patient co-pays with insurance company, contacts patient regarding co-pay and options for paying it, provides any necessary forms needing completion, obtains signatures as necessary.
4. Maintains clean, orderly waiting area including beverage area and reading materials.
5. Answers phones in pleasant manner and deals with customer needs expeditiously.
6. Supplements office staff as reception tasks permit by assisting with photocopying, computer input/typing, scheduling laboratory or radiology work as directed.
7. Assumes the role of patient advocate by protecting the patients’ rights, privacy and dignity.
8. Other duties as assigned.
The job holder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to job position.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one year experience in customer service setting, preferably one year receptionist experience in healthcare setting and experience with office equipment.
REQUIREMENTS: 50 wpm typing skill preferred.
1. Knowledge of reception tasks, clinic policies/procedures, paperwork.
2. Knowledge of how to use office equipment including phone, computer.
3. Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques.
1. Skill in using office equipment satisfactorily and handling paperwork/filing adequately.
3. Skill in customer service principles by creating a pleasant waiting room atmosphere.
1. Ability to communicate clearly in person and on the phone and establish/maintain cooperative relationships with patients, families, physicians, staff and other customers.
2. Ability to organize and prioritize tasks effectively.
3. Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions. Can file correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems.
Office setting, well-ventilated and well lighted.
Sitting for 7-8 hours/day. Requires eye-hand coordination, finger dexterity. Vision must be corrected to 20/20 and hearing must be in normal range. Must be able to view computer screens for long periods. Occasional stress related to workload and customers with problems.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Main Campus - 1272 Garrison Drive, 1272 Garrison Drive, Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States of America