General Surgery Receptionist
MURFREESBORO MEDICAL CLINIC
DEPARTMENT OF GENERAL SURGERY
Job Title: Medical Receptionist/Check out
Objective: Primary objective is to provide clerical support within the Department
clinic wide when requested, adhere to all policies and procedures of
Murfreesboro Medical Clinic and meet the needs of our patients in a
1. Meet or exceed patient, doctor/provider and staff expectations through a cooperative teamwork approach.
2. Answer incoming calls in a polite, prompt and helpful manner and make their appointment.
3. Take telephone messages which are legible and obtain all required information and send it to the appropriate staff member.
4. When making a new patient an appointment send out the new patient information packet, if appointment is far enough out that the patient will receive information before coming to appointment.
5. Reschedule appointments as instructed by the physician.
6. Work up fee tickets on certain days and follow up on referrals if they are needed for appointment.
7. Follow up with patients that miss their appointments.
8. Page physicians at the end of the day with their schedules for the next day.
Education & Experience: High school diploma or GED required. Experience
preferred but not required.
Skills / Abilities:
1. Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time, ability to be flexible.
2. Ability to utilize computer systems for the purpose of completed assigned tasks.
3. Ability to follow detailed instructions.
4. Skills in communicating effectively with co-workers, providers and patients.
5. Ability to plan, organize and prioritize assignments.
6. Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with co-workers and providers.
Physical / Mental Demands: Varied activities including sitting, walking, bending,
reaching, lifting and stooping. Occasional stress
from multiple responsibilities.
Department Standards: All representatives of the General Surgery Department are
expected to 1) promote an image of professionalism, 2)
perform all duties asked of them in a timely and efficient
manner, and 3) focus primarily on providing excellent
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities may change as needs evolve.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Main Campus - 1272 Garrison Drive, 1272 Garrison Drive, Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States of America