MEDICAL LABORATORY RECEPTIONIST
A. JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsible for greeting patients, verifying patient insurance.
Activating, printing lab requisition from Touchworks, getting labels from Orchard for the laboratory phlebotomist or lab tech.
B. DISTINGUISHING FEATURES
Reports to the Laboratory Manager or designee.
C. SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Frequent walking, sitting, bending, and standing required for extended periods of time. Lifts and carries item weighing up to 25 pounds. Exposed to communicable disease, chemicals, and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
D. SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Greet patients as they register in a friendly manner. Answers patients’ questions about the clinic; referring them to their physicians regarding any medical or lab test inquiries. Provides any necessary instructions or direction as needed.
- Completes necessary paperwork including verifying orders, checking for duplicate or frequent labs orders, activating, and printing patient orders with the necessary labels for the phlebotomist or tech.
- Using computer skills for EHR, LIS and Phressia
- Verifies patient insurance is update through Phressia and sends to patient services if needed
- Calculates lab charges and sends patients to patient services if self-pay
- Instructs patients on collection of clean catch urines and 24 hour collections.
- Answer phones in a pleasant manner and deals with patient needs expeditiously
- Keeps reception area clean, neat and orderly.
- Responsible for making sure the bathroom area is clean and determines when to page housekeeping.
- Inventories supplies and stocks sterile urine cups and towlettes.
- Maintains a supply of sign-in sheets for 3 labs, files each day, and stored for three months..
- Check for completion of all reference lab testing.
- Maintains HIPPA compliance, and follows all OSHA guidelines, reads and follows all MSDS sheets.
- Performs related work as required.
High School Diploma or GED
- Pay Type Hourly
- Main Campus - 1272 Garrison Drive, 1272 Garrison Drive, Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States of America