Mortgage Lender/Mortgage Officer
Midwest BankCentre is proud to be recognized as one of St. Louis’ Top Workplaces for 2021!
About Midwest BankCentre
Midwest BankCentre is a values-based bank that has been a mainstay of St. Louis community banking since 1906. Our purpose is to help regional communities thrive by creating the conditions to help Main Street, marginalized communities and multicultural markets live into their full potential. We work to empower people, enable business and energize neighborhoods through the strength of our financial services, including personalized consumer and business banking, business cash management, mortgage lending, home equity loans, financial planning and investments, insurance and digital banking.
We are committed to making meaningful, long-term investments in communities that lift everyone up so we can all RISE TOGETHER. Our commitment to shared prosperity, our investment in Community and Economic Development and our dedication to diversity and inclusion are reflected is the ways Midwest BankCentre lives its purpose.
A few more facts about Midwest BankCentre:
- We are ranked as one of the top employers in the region because of our commitment to our team members and the communities we serve.
- We rank among the St. Louis Region’s largest locally owned banks.
- We have 18 branches in the City of St. Louis, St. Louis County, Jefferson, St. Charles and St. Clair County.
- We have state of the art online and mobile banking platforms that allow us to meet customers where they are to help them get to where they want to be.
- We foster a culture that supports your success and professional growth.
Why a Mortgage Lender with Midwest BankCentre?
As a Mortgage Lender you will generate mortgage applications while providing an above expectations customer experience. This is done through fostering relationships through a personal network of clients, realtors as well as referrals from MBC employees. MBC's above expectations customer experience is delivered by meeting the terms and convenience conveyed by the client, whether it is at a branch or at a preferred location. Mortgage Lenders at Midwest BankCentre interact frequently with all employees at all levels up to and including the CEO. As such, candidates with strong sales, communication both written and verbal abilities are highly desired.
Mortgage Lenders must be able to:
- Demonstrate active listening and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to easily engage others in positive dialogue one-on-one or in a group setting, and at many different levels (client, senior leaders, peers and employees)
- Strong sales capabilities both in-person and phone
- Demonstrate a high-level of emotional intelligence
- Proven ability to think and act independently and the ability to work individually or as a member of a team
- Skilled at prioritizing duties, working under time constraints, handling multiple tasks, and working independently while remaining flexible to changing priorities and assignments
- One-year experience in financial services/mortgage industry
- Ability to effectively read, write, and speak the English language
- Auditory ability to use a telephone
- Visual acuity sufficient to accurately review and proof information
- Physical mobility and dexterity to transport file and operate general office equipment (telephone, fax, copier, computer, etc.)
Willing and able to travel to other locations/branches. May require weekend and evening hours
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position and Midwest BankCentre. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.