Deposit Operations - Digital Services Specialist
Looking for entry into a rewarding career with a growing organization? If you have strong communication and organizational skills and can work on-site in our Chelsea office, we want to hear from you! This role is a perfect way for you to build experience and skills with the state's largest Credit Union.
- Review daily online account opening process via internal and external products. Ensure membership eligibility, compliant responses based on applicant qualification, and timely completion of applications
- Process daily Mobile Deposit entries while performing risk analysis, item QC, and ensuring adherence to Metro’s Fund Availability and deposit policies
- Post entries for daily Mobile and Merchant files to ensure accurate reporting to Accounting
- Troubleshoot and provide support for frequently used digital products such as Zelle, Bill Pay, and Mobile Deposit including account/profile holds and approvals
- Monitor for Red Flags and suspicious activity throughout Digital channels, reporting such behavior to supervisors and the Fraud Team for review
- Serves as subject matter expert for branch employees and other internal teams needing assistance with member situations relative to Digital products and services, including internal phone queue support
- Research root cause of issues and responses to inquires within established services standards
- Respond to eCommunications via email and online message channels ensuring response within established service standards
- Engage with Members on a regular basis to troubleshoot issues including via email, online secure messaging, and outbound calls to members
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- A minimum of one year credit union/banking operational experience
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of how the EFT system functions, including the rules and regulations governing ACH posting, NACHA regulations
- Positive attitude with ability to work independently
- Good communication skills, follow-up and organizational skills
- Basic math skills required
- Strong attention to detail
Why Join our team:
- Comprehensive Benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage for employees working minimum of 20 hours/week; Metro provides assistance toward premiums and copays
- Annual bonus eligibility; annual retention bonus vesting program
- 401(k) with matching plan & safe harbor plan – allowing every employee to save for retirement
- Wellness Incentives; Employee Assistance Program; Flexible Spending Account; Prescription Drug program and range of voluntary benefits (LTD, STD, AD&D)
- Strong growth opportunities with development plans and position-related or job-related tuition assistance to help you attain your long-term career goals
- Growing, dynamic environment - no day is ever the same and join an exceptional team of co-workers
- Exceptional training program (classroom, on-the-job, and mentoring) – you bring a service-oriented attitude and a strong work ethic, we’ll train you for success
Apply today and jumpstart your career!
As a condition of employment, this job will require employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Accordingly, new hires must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. If you need an accommodation of any kind, including related to this job requirement, please discuss with Human Resources.
Our hybrid work arrangements require a minimum of 2 days/week on-site in our Chelsea location, managed within each department. All new hires are required to onboard for a minimum of 30 days on-site in Chelsea.
About Metro Credit Union: As the largest state-chartered Credit Union in Massachusetts, our focus has always been helping local people, businesses and non-profit organizations reach their goals. Our perspective is unique because it is local and hyper-focused on the specific needs of our local communities. We are a high performing, financially sound, not-for-profit, financial cooperative, owned by and operated for our Members. Our commitment is to provide quality banking solutions that support the economic vitality of the individuals and businesses within the markets we serve. This commitment strengthens local communities, creating a positive impact on people's lives.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Chelsea, MA 02150, USA