Salem Branch- Branch Supervisor
The Branch Supervisor assists in the daily operations of the branch by supervising and scheduling daily activities of branch staff to ensure accurate and efficient service to Members. Open and close the branch. Serves as a financial consultant to new and existing Members by providing information about Metro’s products and services, assist and advise Members in determining which products and services best meet their needs, open Member accounts and provides problem resolution. Participate in sales and service programs and contribute to branch sales goals. Adheres to Metro’s policies, procedures and regulations.
The Branch Supervisor represents the credit union in a professional manner; provides quality service to Members and/or internal credit union staff and management.
- Supervise the daily activities of branch operations and staff:
- Allocate and coordinate branch work flow including creating weekly schedules
- Assist with staff development and growth by guiding and advising branch staff in the more complex phases of their work
- Fulfill cash order requests
- Balance branch by performing branch settlement in line with documented SOPs; review teller transactions to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Open and close the branch
- Hold meetings and train personnel on new products, systems and processes
- Review operational reports relating to teller transactions to identify overs/shorts; resolve and balance as required
- Review all branch Member Applications for accuracy and completeness
- Assist with branch audits
- Open deposit accounts for Members after performing needs assessment to determine best financial solution. Accurately complete all account opening requirements, including obtaining all applicable security clearances and required signatures. Conduct consumer loan interviews, and home equity loan interviews; assist Members in the completion of loan applications including verifying identification, obtaining required signatures and ensuring that approval conditions are met. Communicate the status of loan applications to Members. Contribute to branch sales goals, makes effective referrals to retail partners (mortgage lending, commercial lending, Metro Insurance Advisors, Investment Advisors).
- Process a variety of transactions including: cashing checks, depositing and/or withdrawing funds from accounts, accepting mortgage and consumer loan payments, loan advances, loan payoffs, issuing official checks, traveler’s checks and credit card advances. Approve checks and withdrawals in excess of teller limits. Assist staff in handling Member problems, difficult transactions and corrections. Resolve product and service complaints by determining cause of problem, selecting and explaining the best solution, expediting correction/adjustment and following up to ensure resolution.
- Maintain branch security system(s); ensure security of all cash and negotiable instruments. Perform audits of teller drawers; monitor Currency Transaction Reporting in compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act. Comply with all Metro policies and SOPs, with particular attention paid to OFAC and security transactions, and Bank Secrecy Act. Maintain Member confidentiality and protect bank operations by keeping information confidential.
- Make decisions as outlined in documented Retail Authority Guidelines and handle escalated Member decisions in the absence of a manager.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of teller and/or customer service experience; and/or combination of education and experience required.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
Skills and Traits
- Excellent communication skills with a demonstrated ability to focus on the customer
- Bilingual in Spanish and English required
- Ability to perform work with accuracy and attention to detail
- Previous financial services and sales skills preferred
- General knowledge of computer software, data input, and Windows-based applications
- Dependable, responsible, and a commitment to excellence
- Maintain an active MLO license with the National Mortgage Loan Service registry according to the credit union’s SAFE Act policy and procedures.
- Ability to use office equipment (calculators, ATMs, cash dispensers, coin counters, etc.) and lift teller drawers and bags of coins that can weigh up to 50 pounds
Why Join our team:
- Comprehensive Benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage for employees working minimum of 20 hours/week; Metro provides assistance toward premiums and copays
- Annual bonus eligibility; annual retention bonus vesting program
- 401(k) with matching plan & safe harbor plan – allowing every employee to save for retirement
- Wellness Incentives; Employee Assistance Program; Flexible Spending Account; Prescription Drug program and range of voluntary benefits (LTD, STD, AD&D)
- Discounts on Pet Insurance
- Strong growth opportunities with development plans and position-related or job-related tuition assistance to help you attain your long-term career goals
- Growing, dynamic environment - no day is ever the same and join an exceptional team of co-workers
- Exceptional training program (classroom, on-the-job, and mentoring)
As a condition of employment, this job will require employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Accordingly, new hires must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. If you need an accommodation of any kind, including related to this job requirement, please discuss with Human Resources.
All retail positions located within our branches do not offer remote work arrangements and require initial 30 days training on-site in our Chelsea location.
About Metro Credit Union: As the largest state-chartered Credit Union in Massachusetts, our focus has always been helping local people, businesses and non-profit organizations reach their goals. Our perspective is unique because it is local and hyper-focused on the specific needs of our local communities. We are a high performing, financially sound, not-for-profit, financial cooperative, owned by and operated for our Members. Our commitment is to provide quality banking solutions that support the economic vitality of the individuals and businesses within the markets we serve. This commitment strengthens local communities, creating a positive impact on people's lives.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Salem, MA, USA