Lawrence Branch - Senior Branch Sales/Service Rep
Our Lawrence branch has 3 openings for Senior Branch Sales & Service Representatives. If you don’t have banking experience, but you bring a customer-service attitude, strong work ethic, and Spanish fluency, we'll train you on the rest!
As a Senior BSSR, you will take on additional responsibilities and visibility within the branch. In addition to your responsibilities within the BSSR role, you will assist more generally with the daily operation of the branch. This is a great career path leading to the next steps of Supervisor and Asst. Branch Manager.
Serve as a financial consultant to new and existing Credit Union Members by providing information about Metro’s products and services. Provide excellent service and resolve issues for Metro’s Members. Assist and advise members in determining which products and services best meet their needs. Participate in sales and service programs in contribution to branch sales goals. As a representative of the Metro brand, you’ll adhere to Metro’s policies, procedures and regulations in providing excellent, quality service to members, co-workers, and management.
- Assist in the daily operation of the branch:
- Open and close branch as needed.
- Maintain cash limits and supply and distribute negotiable instruments.
- Perform branch settlement.
- Process fee waivers and refunds.
- Service and balance all ATMs and cash/coin machines.
- Approve checks and withdrawals in excess of teller limits.
- Assist in branch audits, report counterfeit currency issues and destroy bait money, and prepare Currency Transaction Reports
- Perform system overrides as required.
- Authorize waiving of check holds when appropriate.
- Sign official checks up to designated authority level.
- Open consumer and business deposit accounts for Members after performing needs assessments to determine best financial solution. Accurately complete all account opening requirements, including obtaining all applicable security clearances and required signatures.
- Actively participant in sales and referral programs. Conduct consumer loan interviews, and home equity loan interviews; assist Members in the completion of loan applications including verifying identification, obtaining required signatures and ensuring that approval conditions are met. Communicate the status of loan applications to Members. Contribute to branch sales goals, make effective referrals to retail partners (mortgage lending, commercial lending, Metro Insurance Advisors, Investment Program).
- Resolve product and service complaints by determining cause of the problem, selecting and explaining the best solution, expediting correction/adjustment and following up to ensure resolution.
- When required, works at a teller station and process a variety of transactions including: cashing checks, depositing and/or withdrawing funds from accounts, accepting mortgage and consumer loan payments, loan advances, loan payoffs, issuing official checks, traveler’s checks and credit card advances. Accurately follow Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC policies and procedures.
- Make decisions as outlined in documented Retail Authority Guidelines and handle escalated Member decisions in the absence of a manager.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years’ customer service experience; and/or combination of education and experience required.
- Maintain licenses according to the Credit Union’s S.A.F.E. Act policy and procedures.
Skills and Traits
- Excellent communication skills with a demonstrated ability to focus on the customer
- Bilingual in Spanish and English required
- Ability to perform work with accuracy and attention to detail
- Previous banking or credit union experience and sales skills preferred
- Dependable, responsible, and a commitment to excellence
- Ability to use office equipment (calculators, ATMs, cash dispensers, coin counters, general computer knowledge, etc.) and lift teller drawers and bags of coins that can weigh up to 50 pounds.
Why Join our team:
- Comprehensive Benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage for employees working minimum of 20 hours/week; Metro provides assistance toward premiums and copays
- Annual bonus eligibility; annual retention bonus vesting program
- 401(k) with matching plan & safe harbor plan – allowing every employee to save for retirement
- Wellness Incentives; Employee Assistance Program; Flexible Spending Account; Prescription Drug program and range of voluntary benefits (LTD, STD, AD&D)
- Discounts on Pet Insurance
- Strong growth opportunities with development plans and position-related or job-related tuition assistance to help you attain your long-term career goals
- Growing, dynamic environment - no day is ever the same and join an exceptional team of co-workers
- Exceptional training program (classroom, on-the-job, and mentoring)
Apply today and jumpstart your career!
As a condition of employment, this job will require employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Accordingly, new hires must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. If you need an accommodation of any kind, including related to this job requirement, please discuss with Human Resources.
All retail positions located within our branches do not offer remote work arrangements and require initial 30 days training on-site in our Chelsea location.
About Metro Credit Union: As the largest state-chartered Credit Union in Massachusetts, our focus has always been helping local people, businesses and non-profit organizations reach their goals. Our perspective is unique because it is local and hyper-focused on the specific needs of our local communities. We are a high performing, financially sound, not-for-profit, financial cooperative, owned by and operated for our Members. Our commitment is to provide quality banking solutions that support the economic vitality of the individuals and businesses within the markets we serve. This commitment strengthens local communities, creating a positive impact on people's lives.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Lawrence, MA, USA