Member Service Center - Sales & Service Agent
Member Service Center - Sales & Service Agent
Chelsea, MA 02150
Jump start your banking career by joining Metro Credit Union’s Member Service Center team!
Deliver exceptional customer service as part of our amazing Call Center team providing support and resolution to our members. As the “Metro voice” to our membership, you are integral to the entire member experience, you’ll be cross-trained on all transactions and systems to ensure you can provide the level of expertise to fully support our members. You will process a variety of deposit and lending transactions accurately and efficiently, while meeting assigned service and operational metrics. Identify cross-sell opportunities and recommend appropriate products and services as appropriate.
- Answer telephone inquiries and service members’ requests for information on products, services, and problem resolution. Typical calls are, but not limited to:
- Informing members of the services and products that are available.
- Transferring funds between accounts.
- Opening and closing accounts.
- Correcting errors on accounts.
- Responding to ATM and Debit card inquiries and servicing requests (limits, hot carding, etc.).
- Assisting members with Home-Banking inquiries and servicing issues.
- Processing changes to accounts (name, address etc.).
- Sending marketing material, account opening information, and disclosures to members.
- Adhere to member authentication procedures, compliance, credit union policies and procedures, and state and federal regulations.
- Conduct telephone interviews with members who request a consumer loan; and complete the application for the member during the interview. Explain rates, terms, payment amounts and payment protection options to the member.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all credit union products by attending all training and informational meetings and incorporate the knowledge and skills into daily responsibilities.
- Profile the member to determine cross-sell opportunities and propose the appropriate product and/or service to the member based on their needs expressed during the interview and/or at the loan closing.
- Answer/respond to all member inquiries and requests received over the telephone, including loan pay-offs.
- Responsible for achieving the Member Service Center Service Standards and sales goals
- Production – Calls per hour/Call duration
- Operations – ACD available/non-available time, group abandonment rate, group average delay
- Sales Goals – Revenue/Referrals
- Service Quality – Review/monitor compliments, complaints, and concerns; payment histories, payment quotes, procedural questions, and policy related inquiries.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates or Bachelors degree preferred
- Customer/member service experience with a sales focus preferred.
Traits, Skills, and Certifications
- Customer-oriented, positive approach, with ability to effectively present information over the telephone.
- Resourceful, able to multitask and review multiple systems for answers
- Ability to work in bullpen environment, remaining focused while working closely with the team
- Experience with Banking platforms (Fiserve, Insight, DNA, or COCC) strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of loan documentation and consumer loan regulations preferred.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to work with percentages and decimals.
- Ability to convey simple instructions and produce brief correspondence and memos
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage for employees working minimum of 20 hours/week; Metro provides assistance toward premiums and copays
- All staff eligible for annual bonus and annual (vesting) retention bonus
- 401(k) with matching plan and Safe Harbor Plan – allowing every employee to save for retirement
- Wellness Incentives; Employee Assistance Program; Flexible Spending Account; Prescription Drug program and range of voluntary benefits (LTD, STD, AD&D); Discounts on Pet Insurance
- Strong growth opportunities – attain your long-term career goals at Metro
- Member Services provides you with a knowledge base to grow into a range of roles and departments
- Individual Development Plans
- Position-related or job-related tuition assistance (1 year eligibility)
- Superb in-house training programs
- Growing, dynamic environment with a strong culture and exceptional team of co-workers
- Please note, due to variety and complexity of systems and processes, the Member Services dept. requires the first 6 months to be on-site in Chelsea.
About Metro Credit Union: As the largest state-charted Credit Union in Massachusetts, our focus has always been helping local people, businesses and non-profit organizations reach their goals. Our perspective is unique because it is local and hyper-focused on the specific needs of our local communities. We are a high performing, financially sound, not-for-profit, financial cooperative, owned by and operated for our Members. Our commitment is to provide quality banking solutions that support the economic vitality of the individuals and businesses within the markets we serve. This commitment strengthens local communities, creating a positive impact on people's lives.
This is an exciting time to join our organization - Apply Today to learn more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Chelsea, MA 02150, USA