Commercial Services - Commercial Credit Analyst
Commercial Services - Commercial Credit Analyst Our growth is creating opportunities at Metro Credit Union! Take your career to the next level as an Analyst helping to keep up with our sales team! Perform quality underwriting for business loans (existing relationships and new loan requests) as we manage more complex credit deals.
- Collect and review financial information from Members and CPAs. Analyze business and personal financial statements, industries, management profiles, business/product cycles, collateral, historical operating performance, and cash flow ability to develop an assessment of complex commercial credit risks.
- Accompanied by Relationship Manager, conduct site visits with commercial lending prospects and borrowers to probe for information and develop an understanding of the business and its management.
- Conduct independent and objective annual reviews of existing credit relationships, preparing annual reviews, loan modifications. Assist management with scheduled and unscheduled loan reviews of the existing portfolio.
- Interface with commercial appraisers, environmental professionals, and internal stakeholders. Complete the analytical and credit approval process. Prepare written analyses of appraisal and environmental reports to support analysis and findings of Metro’s risk/exposure acceptance.
- Work independently in analyzing borrowing prospects with a wide latitude in recommending loans within the confines of Metro’s policies and procedures and state/federal regulations. Make decisions and recommendations regarding credit extensions and resolving credit problems. Analyst recommendations, if carried out, could have a significant impact on MCU credit costs and profitability.
- Work with Lenders in preparation of comprehensive and timely loan presentations, analyses, and recommendations. Review closing documentation for accuracy.
Qualifications: We seek a motivated, analytical, team player with:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance
- Minimum of 3-5 years of credit/lending experience required.
- Experience in analysis of commercial and industrial real estate business/loans, including C&I, CRE and cash flow.
- Proven analytical abilities with exceptional Excel and due diligence skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of credit-related laws and of Small Business and Commercial Real Estate loans strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability meet deadlines, multitask, while still being attentive to detail.
- Must self-motivated, yet able to collaborate effectively with multiple stakeholders.
Why Join our Team:
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage for employees working minimum of 20 hours/week; Metro provides assistance toward premiums and copays
- All staff eligible for annual bonus and annual (vesting) retention bonus
- 401(k) with matching plan and Safe Harbor Plan – allowing every employee to save for retirement
- Wellness Incentives; Employee Assistance Program; Flexible Spending Account; Prescription Drug program and range of voluntary benefits (LTD, STD, AD&D); Discounts on Pet Insurance
- Strong growth opportunities – attain your long-term career goals at Metro
- Individual Development Plans
- Position-related or job-related tuition assistance (1 year eligibility)
- Superb in-house training programs
- Growing, dynamic environment with a strong culture and exceptional team of co-workers
About Metro Credit Union: As the largest state-charted Credit Union in Massachusetts, our focus has always been helping local people, businesses and non-profit organizations reach their goals. Our perspective is unique because it is local and hyper-focused on the specific needs of our local communities. We are a high performing, financially sound, independent community bank. Our commitment is to provide quality banking solutions that support the economic vitality of the individuals and businesses within the markets we serve. This commitment strengthens local communities, creating a positive impact on people's lives.
This is an exciting time to join our organization - Apply Today to learn more!
- Pay Type Salary
- Chelsea, MA 02150, USA