Full Time, Facility Support Attendant - Urgent Hiring!!!
Summary: Performs general housekeeping duties to clean and assist in keeping all assigned Garden areas neat and clean. The department provides housekeeping service 16 hours a day/7 days a week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs general daily housekeeping duties that include the following areas: restrooms, offices, Garden grounds, statues and outside fixtures, walls and furniture and maintains all types of floor surfaces.
- Performs assigned tasks, including sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, dusting, washing surfaces, emptying trash, and other duties as necessary to assist ensuring all Garden areas are clean and presentable.
- Event Set-up duties requires setting up tables, chairs, and some audio visual equipment.
- Inspects your work area to see if any safety repairs are required. Report safety issues to your supervisor.
- Recycling of most items is handled by the FSS staff as well as major cleaning projects. Ensure that all recycle compost and land fill materials are placed in the correct containers.
- Performs special cleaning projects such as shampooing carpets, stripping and waxing floors, cleaning the Chihuly Chandelier, shampooing desk chairs, vacuum vents, cleaning refrigerators and micro wave ovens, desk cleaning when cleared, file cabinets, set up chairs and tables, golf carts, events waste cans and signage.
- Requires frequent operation of Garden vehicles such as golf carts, Cushman’s or other similar vehicles on property and, at times, off Garden grounds.
- Operates all Garden equipment in a safe, responsible manner; maintains general care of tools, and equipment (i.e., clean all equipment after each use). Refers more serious problems to Supervisor.
- Adheres to all safety standards and promptly documents safety concerns.
- Reports all accidents, injuries and near-miss accidents immediately to your supervisor.
- Maintains work golf cart in an organized manner at all times and clean it out after each use.
- Remain alert, courteous and helpful to visitors and employees at all times.
- May be asked to assist other departments in the division.
- Adhere to all department and Garden policies/procedures.
- Work with volunteers and other staff to take down Garden displays (i.e. Glow, Japanese Festival, BOMM and Chinese Culture Days).
- Behave & communicate in a manner that promotes and fosters a culture of teamwork, cooperation, and respect within our division and throughout the Garden with all employees, supervisors/managers, volunteers, visitors and others.
- Performs others duties as assigned. Performs other duties as assigned. Follows established policies and procedures, including but not limited to Employee Handbook, Garden Safety Guidelines and Department Policies and Attendance Expectations.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications and/or Experience:
- Minimum of (1) year relevant workplace experience.
- Ability to read any special instructions and to understand label on cleaning products.
- Strong Customer Service Orientation - Presents a professional attitude at all times under scrutiny of general public.
- Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; follows instructions; welcomes and applies feedback to improve performance.
- Communication/interpersonal skills; professional, speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; is tactful and treats others with respect.
- Demonstrates highest level of professional and ethical conduct.
- Scheduling flexibility that allows working days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- The requirements and duties listed are representative and not exhaustive of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- An equivalent combination of skills, education and experience may be considered.
Other Skills and Abilities: N/A
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (oral and written).
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information to effectively execute and achieve results.
- Proficient H. S. Basic math aptitude to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Reasoning Ability: Requires ability to exercise independent judgment to apply facts and principles for developing approaches and techniques to problem resolution.
- Familiarity navigating through various PC applications including but not restricted to Microsoft Office suite (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to use e-mail to communicate with Garden staff in order to answer questions and service their needs.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record (prior to employment).
- Ability to lift at least 65 lbs (i.e., load, unload and move supplies, medium to heavy tools and equipment).
- May be required to perform tasks at varying heights (i.e., climb ladders, etc.)
- Requires standing, walking, bending, stooping and reaching for extended periods of time-- 90% or more of the workday is standing on feet.
- Ability to use buffers/shampoo equipment to clean floors if assigned.
- Good eye/hand coordination and good motor skills.
- Demonstrated dependability and adherence to all safety regulations.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions (i.e., in temperatures over 100°F as well as temperatures below 0°F, in rain, snow and other inclement weather conditions as needed).
- Actively works hands-on with other Garden employees, at times to complete simple maintenance tasks.
- Comfortable working in immediate proximity to general public, in a safe and friendly manner, answering questions regarding Garden facilities.
Contacts with Individuals/Organizations inside/outside the Garden:
- May interact with Garden employees, visitors, vendors and donors.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Missouri Botanical Garden, 2345 Tower Grove Ave., St. Louis, Missouri, United States of America