Outside Sales - Advertising - Digital Elites
The Roanoke Times, part of the Lee Enterprises family of newspapers has an opening for an Advertising Digital Sales Lead. This position will be working with potential clients to evaluate marketing needs, develop comprehensive solutions, create effective proposals and make client presentations. They will also work closely with all Amplified Digital Agency team members who will collaborate on proposals. This individual will partner with our media sales team across the Triad in a consultative, creative and seller focused approach. He/she will be the digital expert on the team, and will work with Account Executives and other Sales Management to provide innovative ideas in digital marketing solutions to help grow our clients' businesses.
The successful candidate will be an expert in local digital and cross platform sales, have a solid understanding of the local and programmatic digital marketplace, and be knowledgeable about how to effectively package our digital assets to maximize our digital advertising and digital marketing services revenue.
JOB SUMMARY: This position will play a pivotal role with the sales team. The position will focus on delivering great digital sales and sales support for our numerous online solutions and new products. This position is responsible for generating digital advertising revenue by selling to new and existing business and working with the sales team to maximize digital spend with our active advertisers. This position involves a high level of interaction with the sales staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Achieve monthly and yearly digital advertising goals. Identify client needs and develop advertising digital campaigns to meet those needs. Provide a high level of customer service. Recognize sales opportunities. Constantly prospect for new business. Overseeing campaign implementation; Work with the department assistant to track results of proposals with client metrics; Ad proof trafficking; Contest/deals tracking; Other duties as may be assigned.
- Must be able to coach and communicate effectively, be able to work with a multitude of personalities and be adaptable and flexible in different sales approaches to the job.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skillsets for our internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate an understanding and desire to learn about emerging digital trends and technologies including online, social media, mobile, search, and web services and implement them to our business strategy.
- Collaborative working philosophy
- Flexible with a strong ability to shift focus when needed.
- Strong successful track record of online and digital sales growth.
- Ability to comprehend and understand the online search marketplace.
- Google Ad Words Certification preferred or the ability to work towards.
- 1-2 years of online sales or the equivalent preferred.
- Job Family Multiple Dept
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Start Date Monday, September 27, 2021
- Roanoke, VA, USA