Building Maintenance/Paper Handler
The Winston-Salem Journal has an opening for a Building Maintenance/Paper Handler in the production plant.
The position is responsible for performing daily facility maintenance and for maintaining daily management of waste materials. This individual must be able to multitask, be able to obtain a forklift license, work covering shifts to include weekends and nights. This position works in close relationship with the other production departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Drive a forklift truck to transport waste material to proper storage containers
- Provide maintenance coverage for company grounds and interior office and restroom areas
- Facilitate coverage for vacations, sickness and other absences which may occur in the department
- Need a working knowledge of janitorial chemicals and their proper usage
- Interact positively with each production department and customers
- Be able to lift 50 pounds
- With the use of a clamp forklift, unloading trucks that bring in newsprint
- Must be able to use floor care machinery and have a basic working knowledge of floor care
- Should have basic experience in janitorial maintenance procedures
- Prepare newsprint rolls for use on the press and align them on the berm for each press run
- Provide daily maintenance coverage of press deck and reel room areas
- On-site, regular and reliable attendance is required.
The Winston-Salem Journal is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Job Family Production
- Pay Type Hourly
- Winston-Salem Journal-Prod, 2051 E 5th St, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States of America