Plate Making Technician - Prepress
The Winston-Salem Journal has an entry level, full-time position at the production facility for a Plate Making Technician to facilitate the output of plate making for pages. This requires prioritizing where necessary to assure on-time performance. Will check pages against press layout, color positions and split run notices. Will work closely with Newsroom and Advertising personnel to achieve quality output of pages and meet deadlines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up publications using a computer, image and bend plates for printing press.
- Load plates into Imager.
- Run Daily Quality Control test.
- Learn trouble-shooting practices for imager and bender.
- Document any issues and turn in work order to maintenance department.
- Perform and execute all work practices in a safe manner.
- Perform other duties and functions requested by the Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully you must be at work on time , have some computer knowledge ,be able to multitask and have good organizational skill. The ability meet deadlines and excellent communication skills is required.
Must be able to work 2nd shift and some weekend days.
Minimum of high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Required to repeatedly stand and set and be able to lift 25lbs.
Regular and reliable on-site attendance is required. Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
Winston-Salem Journal is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Job Family Multiple Dept
- Pay Type Hourly
- Winston-Salem Journal-Prod, 2051 E 5th St, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States of America