Senior Internal Auditor
Lee Enterprises, a leading media company in the US, seeks a skilled accounting and finance professional to join our corporate finance department in Davenport, Iowa, as a Senior Internal Auditor. The prospective candidate will be part of a team of five, which includes the Audit Senior Director and an Audit Manager. The audit position is considered a career position within Lee, for prospective candidates to move out of audit into accounting or finance roles within the company, if desired.
Reporting directly to the Senior Director of Internal Audit, key tasks for this position include:
• Performing financial statement audits, including testing accounting reconciliations and transactions.
• Ensuring compliance with established internal control procedures and accounting policies by examining accounting records and reports, reviewing operational processes, and performing inquiries of management.
• Documenting audit results within audit workpapers and audit questionnaires.
• Communicating audit findings by preparing a final internal audit report and discussing audit findings with key members of management.
• Preparing special audit reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating information and trends.
• Maintaining internal control systems by updating audit programs and questionnaires and recommending changes to accounting policies and procedures.
This position requires the following skills and qualifications:
• An undergraduate degree in accounting, business, finance or equivalent experience.
• A minimum of three years public accounting experience (SEC/PCAOB experience a plus).
• Good analytical, written/verbal communication and relationship building skills.
• CPA certification a plus.
• IT audit experience a plus.
• Data mining and analysis software experience a plus.
• Position requires approximately 10% travel.
Why Join Us?
Lee Enterprises offers competitive wages in a dynamic, interesting work environment with career growth opportunities. We offer an extensive benefit program that can be personalized to your needs. Our benefit program includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, company provided life insurance and supplemental life insurance. In addition, we offer a 401K retirement plan with company match. We also offer generous paid time off to allow the flexibility to balance personal life and work. This includes paid parental leave for new parents.
Lee Enterprises is the nation’s fourth-largest provider of high-quality local news, with 77 daily newspapers in 26 states that have print, digital and e-replica versions. Lee's newspapers have a combined circulation of more than 1.2 million daily. Our digital sites attract more than 44 million unique visits monthly. We also have a rapidly growing roster of digital products for consumers, and are committed to aggressive digital growth.
Lee Enterprises is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We respect and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. For more information about Lee, check us out at www.lee.net.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply.
- Job Family Finance
- Pay Type Salary
- Davenport, IA, USA