Business Development Associate SBA - (GA/NC/SC)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND PURPOSE:
This is a unique program designed to quickly build the foundations for candidates to become successful SBA loan originators. As one of the top SBA lenders in the country and also one of the fastest growing, trainees will have the opportunity to work shoulder-to-shoulder with the most experienced SBA professionals in the industry.
Trainees will be guided through 3 months of an in-depth training curriculum that will include general SBA finance, cashflow analysis, the loan process and roles of those involved, and best practices that have helped VelocitySBA become a leader in the industry. The “in-class” coursework will be followed by 9 months of active involvement in the loan sales process, working closely with seasoned SBA business development officers and their clients.
Successful completion of the 12-month training program will graduate the trainee into a Business Development Associate position, wherein the BDA will begin developing their own sales opportunities as they continue to gain on-the-job training while supporting their senior Business Development Officers.
- Identify, research & cold call prospective borrowers and potential loan referral sources
- Assist in financial documentation collection from applicants and relevant parties
- Review application packages for completeness
- Review applicant financials to prepare prescreen cashflow analysis
- Coordinate & Collaborate with internal VSBA associates and applicants to assist in efficient processing of loans
- Participate in review of funded transactions to coordinate email marketing campaigns
- Attend relevant business networking events to expand business referral network
- Sales-minded, enthusiastic Individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and lots of initiative
- Ideal candidate can be counted on to exceed goals successfully and is consistently striving to be a top performer
- Confidence in ability to cold call & sell financing solutions
- Professional speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to deliver on timelines and maintain discipline in work activities while working remotely
- Ability to maintain efficient workflow
- Confidence in ability to work with numbers
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills
- Proficient business writing skills
- Proficient in MS Excel
- 4-year college degree – Finance, Accounting, or Business majors preferred
- Familiarity with accounting concepts and reading financials is a plus, but not required.
- Adaptable & Flexible to Change
Normal activities may require working outside of standard business hours (9:00am-5:00pm).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employer for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Georgia, USA
- North Carolina, USA
- South Carolina, USA