WORKING WITH US
The Jewish Board delivers innovative, best-in-class mental and behavioral health services to over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families, to children, teens, and adults. That adds up to countless opportunities to use your skills, training, and compassion to make a difference in the lives of others.
Similarly, we support our employees through benefits like, professional development opportunities and paid supervision. Some of our other benefits include:
- 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days in addition to generous vacation
- Health/dental/vision plans that are subsidized up to 80%
- Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
- Access to 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through our many company initiatives, including employee resource groups (ERGs) like Confronting Structural Racism (COR), Coalition Against Anti-Semitism (CAAS), and the LGBTQ Steering Committee
ABOUT THE JOB
The Bronx REAL PROS program offers recovery-oriented and rehabilitation services for individuals 18 years of age and older who are living with a severe mental illness that causes a deficit in functioning. The program aims to help each participant achieve a psychiatric rehabilitation goal related to housing, work, education and/or socialization and help participants integrate into the community.
The Director has full responsibility for the on-going clinical and administrative oversight of the program. The Director also provides on-going training, supervision, and guidance to the staff. The Director is knowledgeable of all regulatory requirements and Agency/Divisional standards and practices. S/he functions as an internal resource on such matters. Specific responsibilities include:
- Ensuring overall clinical, operational and fiscal oversight for program
- Providing regularly scheduled supervision to staff members
- Ensuring that the clinical needs of the participants are met and that excellent clinical care is in line with and State and City regulations and mandates
- Evaluating staff and provides training through regular supervision
- Ensuring appropriate supervision of all program interns, either through direct supervision or by overseeing the clinical supervision provided by an appropriately licensed staff person.
- Implementing continuous quality improvement initiatives and ensuring the program utilizes established, effective interventions to achieve defined, meaningful clinical outcomes
- Reviewing and evaluating comprehensive assessments, progress notes, individualized recovery plans and relapse prevention plans for quality assurance
- Running case conferences and specialized groups as needed
- Ensuring that programmatic systems are in place to meet all client safety and service needs
- Ensuring that physical facility meets appropriate safety and aesthetic standards
- A key staff resource for community outreach efforts and may perform such outreach and establish linkages with other groups, individuals or organizations which may be helpful to PROS participants
- Ensuring compliance with internal and external policies, procedures and regulations
- Ensuring development and adherence to program’s budget and maintains program’s fiscal viability
- Collaborating with other JB departments (i.e., Clinical/Medical; IS; HR; Fiscal) to solve problems/issues
- Utilizing data to inform planning, service delivery and overall management
- Participating in agency and external committees and initiatives
- Working collaboratively with other PROS Directors
- Other duties as assigned
The Jewish Board is currently looking for talented Department Directors of all cultures, religions, races, and gender expressions with the following qualifications:
- Master's Degree in Social Work and New York State LCSW required.
- Strong knowledge of recovery oriented approaches to care; community mental health services, managed care requirements.
- Minimum of five (5) years of closely related experience.
- Experience acting in senior administrative and leadership roles.
- Excellent engagement and communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience with operational budgets.
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records.
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Program Administration [500s]
- Job Function Directors
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator 8832 - Physician & Clerical
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- 55 Westchester Square, Bronx, NY 10461, USA