4049A | Registered Nurse
WORKING WITH US
The Jewish Board delivers innovative, best-in-class mental and behavioral health services to over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families, to children, teens, and adults. That adds up to countless opportunities to use your skills, training, and compassion to make a difference in the lives of others.
Similarly, we support our employees through benefits like, professional development opportunities and paid supervision. Some of our other benefits include:
- Positions offer competitive compensation
- Continuing CME/CEU support through our tuition assistance program
- 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days in addition to generous vacation days
- Health/dental/vision plans that are subsidized up to 80%
- Access to 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension
- Unlimited employee referral bonus opportunities
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) through our many company initiatives, including employee resource groups (ERGs) like Confronting Structural Racism (COR), Coalition Against Anti-Semitism (CAAS), and the LGBTQ Steering Committee
ABOUT THE JOB
The ACT program provides an integrated set of evidenced based treatment, rehabilitation, case-management and support services to individuals residing in four Brooklyn Shelters who are diagnosed with severe mental illness and whose needs have not been well met by more traditional service delivery approaches. Through a mobile, multi-disciplinary team of staff, recipients are supported in their recovery through an individualized, person-centered model of care.
As a member of the ACT team, the RN is responsible for providing a range of treatment to clients with a SPMI, rehabilitation and support services within the scope of the nursing practice for the clients receiving services from ACT. S/he is responsible for conducting initial nursing assessments and ongoing health assessments ; assessing physical health needs; making appropriate referrals to community physicians as needed, and providing management and administration of medication in conjunction with the prescriptions/orders of psychiatrist and PNP. The majority of this role is conducted in the community and is not site specific. The RN will split both ACT teams and work 17.5 hours for each team for a total of 35 hours per week. S/he will report to the respective team’s primary RN for job assignments, training and oversight of job responsibilities.
The Jewish Board is currently looking for talented professionals of all cultures, religions, races, and gender expressions with the following qualifications:
You should have:
- RN or BSN in nursing and New York State registration as well as at least 1 year of nursing experience is required.
- Experience in a residential setting or in mental/behavioral health field strongly preferred.
- Should feel comfortable utilizing an electronic health records, Microsoft word, excel and outlook
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Clinical Staff [300s]
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator 8832 - Physician & Clerical
- 1007 Quentin Rd, Brooklyn, NY 11223, USA