The Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Manager will demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives.In this role, you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
- Drive site-specific and companywide EHS programs and processes including emergency preparedness and fire protection, safety risk assessments and safe working procedures for non-office activities, hazardous waste management, Health & Safety training, ergonomics, contractor safety, security access control, manned guarding, and crisis management.
- Work with the business operational managers to ensure that all operational activities are clearly identified and risk assessed to ensure safe working procedures are developed and any safety hazards are appropriately controlled (e.g. barriers and engineering controls).
- Drive improvements in compliance processes, employee training, and EHS performance.
- Be responsible for identification and timely submission of all applicable EHS permits (fire safety occupancy permits and any environmental/operating permits required for the operation of the laboratories and turbine training facilities).
- Drive companywide emergency response plan and incident management team to be operational prior to occupancy.
- Facilitate EHS training program(s).
- Induct and train employees and contractors/service companies in basic EHS awareness.
- Conduct compliance and facility audits and reviews necessary to meet company and local compliance requirements to reduce risk liability.
- Establish injury prevention initiatives focused on world-class health and safety performance.
- Maintain monthly and quarterly reporting metrics and liaison with InterPark management and InterPark Corporate Environmental Programs.
- Act as a resource for any EHS related issues/concerns that may occur in field operations.
- Facilitate with Operations management & vendors the investigation and case management of Workers Compensation and General Liability claims.
- Point person for all EHS inquiries complaints, incident reports and claims for the location.
- Manage insurance certification program.
- Provide periodic claims status updates to Finance and Accounting for Reserving purposes.
- Responsible for coordinating DOT Compliance with Preflight Business contacts (Driver Qualification Files, Safety Sensitive employment history verification).
- Prepare market level presentations for review with Sr. Management to assess and mitigate risks.
- Participate in renewal strategy with brokers.
- Assist with preparation of risk budget.
- Travel to all locations within InterPark/PreFlight portfolio for annual review/assessment of Risk programs, policies, and procedures.
- Reviews and recommend vendor and service invoices for payment.
- Maintains, prepares, and submits all required safety reports.
- Conducts Regional EHS audits, documents and reports concerns and recommends corrective actions.
- Advises Field Managers on work related injuries and/or accident procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university/college or equivalent work experience.
- MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint proficiency.
- Demonstrated professionalism and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills; solution oriented.
- Strong leadership and inclusiveness skills, including coaching and development, performance management, team motivation.
- Excellent time management/multi-tasking skills.
- Strong safety knowledge and awareness and good judgment.
- Strategic thinking skills.
- Conveys professionalism and competence effectively to superiors, peers, staff, customers, and landlords.
- Must possess initiative and strong negotiation skills.
- MUST submit your application for employment through www.interparkholdings.com to be considered for this position.
- MUST have unrestricted authorization to work in US.
- MUST be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to drug testing, reference verification, motor vehicle driving history check and background check.
- MUST have a valid driver’s license in order to operate company or customer vehicles
- MUST be willing to work out of the Chicago Corporate office/facility/garage/lot.
- MUST be able to maintain flexibility in schedule in order to meet operational needs.This may require occasionally working outside of regularly scheduled hours.
- MUST be willing to travel up to 25%.
- Ability to implement EHS programs and achieve measurable goals.
- Ability to self-manage and organize prioritizes.
- Prior operational experience of business continuity planning and incident management.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong auditing skills.
- Ability to train and motivate employees.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Willingness to take on new challenges, responsibilities and assignments
- Ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities while staying focused and meeting deadlines without sacrificing accuracy.
- Job Function Human Resources
- Pay Type Salary
- InterPark Corporate Office - 200 N LaSalle St-Chicago,IL, 200 N. LaSalle, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America