Accounting - SOX Coordinator
The SOX Coordinator supports Accounting Management by administering and facilitating the Company’s Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) program, framework and operation to effectively identify, assess and report on the Company’s Internal Controls over Financial Reporting.
Responsibilities (Specific tasks, duties, essential functions of the job)
- Coordinate management’s SOX 404 process controls documentation and review controls to ensure adequate design and identification of key and non-key controls for critical processes/ accounts including rationalizing and optimizing controls through automation.
- Coordinate update of internal controls documentation for financial and IT processes in collaboration with business and IT partners.
- Liaise with internal personnel and external/internal auditors regarding internal controls within the organization.
- Provide a reliable and insightful resource for implementing controls within a business process in an efficient and effective manner.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and proactively coordinate management’s assessment of internal controls over financial reporting and any planned reliance by external auditors on internal audit testing.
- Coordinate remediation of findings and deficiencies identified by internal and external auditors.
- Assists with various internal audit activities such as transaction walk-throughs and examination of expense reimbursements.
- Consult on new business initiatives, system implementations, accounting policy changes and assess the impact of said changes on internal controls.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Assist with any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Solid working knowledge of GAAP, preferred.
- Must have strong work ethic.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Ability to effectively multi-task.
- Solution-oriented problem solver.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Willingness to travel (up to 10%)
Qualifications (Experience and Education)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field of study, required.
- 2-5 years’ experience in a financial or auditing role, required; within a public company, preferred.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), preferred.
- Advanced knowledge/proficiency in internal controls and the COSO framework, required.
- Experience in supervising SOX project management, required.
- Advanced knowledge/proficiency in Microsoft Office and ERP packages, required.
- A combination of training, education and experience that is equivalent to the qualifications listed above and that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in the position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Inogen is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally
protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm;
The pay transparency policy is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf.
Inogen is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (972) 616-5668 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
- Job Function Individual Contributor
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Inogen, Inc., 301 Coromar Drive, Goleta, California, United States of America