Order Intake Quality Advocate I
The Order Intake Quality Advocate works within the Order Intake Business Unit and is the key individual responsible for reviewing orders submitted by the Sales department to ensure they follow all applicable accreditation, compliance/regulatory processes, Inogen policy, and Payor guidelines. This includes a review of the appropriate patient file within database systems, medical documentation, payment information, and patient supplied documents.
Responsibilities (Specific tasks, duties, essential functions of the job)
- Conduct internal order reviews from various Inogen teams, or via online order requests, to ensure all documentation required for order type are attached, accurate, and acceptable per Inogen’s policies and procedures.
- Make recommendations to improve quality, workflow processes, policies and procedures to enhance the order review process by decreasing processing time and increasing quality.
- Manage multiple work lists and responsibilities by monitoring volumes and aging, while collaborating with teammates to maintain required SLAs and performance metrics, with appropriate attention to detail and quality standards.
- Provide constructive feedback for order rejections when files are found to be unacceptable.
- Process requests for order corrections or reviews
- Follows HIPAA and company standards while interacting with patients, doctors, and other staff by practicing the highest level of support. This may include inbound or outbound calls, as well as processing credit card payments.
- Ensures Inogen’s compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Ensures that appropriate medical records are maintained according to HIPAA guidelines.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Assist with any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must possess good time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Must be detail-oriented and analytical to ensure documentation is being assessed properly.
- Experience with CRM platforms, preferably Salesforce, Oracle, and/or Brightree preferred.
- Work experience or knowledge of the healthcare industry, preferably specific to Medicare or prescription guidelines.
Qualifications (Experience and Education)
- High School diploma or equivalent, required.
- 1-3 years of experience reviewing documentation for Medicare Oxygen/DME Billing, Insurance Billing, or prescription requirements, required.
- Experience working with Medical Sales personnel, preferred
- Intermediate knowledge/proficiency in Microsoft Office, required.
- A combination of training, education and experience that is equivalent to the qualifications listed above and that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in the position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Inogen is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally
protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm;
The pay transparency policy is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf.
Inogen is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (972) 616-5668 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
- Job Family Order Intake Quality Advocate
- Job Function Individual Contributor
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Inogen, Inc., 600 Shiloh Road, Plano, Texas, United States of America