IT Business Analyst - Patient Services
The IT Business Analyst will be the technical resources supporting Inogen’s business stakeholders to support business users. This position supports business user interviews, lead discovery sessions, collect business requirements, create business system solutions, and provide ongoing business system functional support to assigned business area. The IT Business Analyst will apply functional knowledge in the implementation and administration of standard and custom business system functionalities. This role will work closely with other members of the IT team and 3rd party vendor partners to analyze business processes, propose business process & system improvements. Lead project teams to implement technical solutions and provide ongoing management & support.
Responsibilities (Specific tasks, duties, essential functions of the job)
- Participate in the full application life cycle from technical design to development, testing, and deployment of requirements.
- Support multiple projects concurrently.
- Prioritize and accomplish estimated project timelines with Project Manager and team manager.
- Partner with department business process owners and stakeholders to identify opportunities to use technology to improve business processes and operations in assigned business area.
- Produce and manage the functional and system requirement documentation of business processes and feature or functional training materials supporting business needs.
- Manage the creation of IT project & change management lifecycle documents such as business requirements, solution designs, implementation schedules, data migration plans, test plans, training plans, and rollback plans.
- Recommendworkflowimprovementswhatwill enable business unittoconform to best practices
- Lead and participate in internal testing of new or enhanced functionality.
- Recommend workflow improvements what will enable business unit to conform to best practices and improve workflow processes.
- Be the primary subject matter expert for their business customers and the interface between the Business owners and the IT system analysts & development staff for Inogen business systems.
- Troubleshoot and debug application systems, reports and interfaces.
- Support and assist end user in the use of the Inogen business applications.
- Utilizes data analysis to explain business issues and financial implications, recommend workflow improvements, or enable business unit to improve workflow processes.
- Build a clear requirementsdevelopment strategy andwork with business partners, systems analysts and vendor-partners toresolve supportissues.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Assist with any other duties as assigned.
IT Business Analyst – Patient Services
In addition to items listed for Business Analyst, the Business Analyst – Patient Services may also be responsible for the following.
- Reporting and Analysis- for the Patient Services and Billing departments as related to Customer care, Billing, collections results, key metrics, case tracking and ad hoc strategic analysis
- Proactively identify opportunities for Billing and Patient Services process improvement.
- Partnership with Management of Operations and Billing to inspect Billing process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement. Assists Billing and Customer Service management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies. Facilitates an organization of continuous process improvement.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Individual in this role is expected to work independently and be self-motivated in initiating and managing communication with varied level of.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with supporting functionality built with Salesforce.com proprietary technologies: Visual Force and Apex code
- Demonstrate capability of problem solving, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Ability to work cross-functionally to engage and influence key business stakeholders to fulfill requirements impacting various systems in use.
- Demonstrates an ability to perform under pressure and handle a demanding workload.
- Experience with developing solution designs from business requirements
IT Business Analyst – Patient Services (Specific)
- Knowledge of corporate Billing, Customer Care Centers' best practices and processes and translating the processes into functional and technical system requirements.
- Familiarity with Call Center and Billing business processes.
Qualifications (Experience and Education)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Accounting, Finance, Business management or equivalent, required.
- 5+ years’ administration, functional support, design and test experience with Oracle eBusiness Suite, Reports, APIs, CRM or similar enterprise level corporate business systems, required.
- 5 years’ experience developing solution designs, leading project teams, required.
- 1-3 years’ experience with business system implementation and enhancement projects adopted Hybrid or Agile methodologies, required.
- Oracle, ECBA, CCBA or CBAP certified or 5+ years as an IT Business Analyst, required.
- Advanced knowledge/proficiency in Microsoft Office, required.
- A combination of training, education and experience that is equivalent to the qualifications listed above that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Job Function Individual Contributor
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Insider
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Plano, TX, USA