Finance & Investor Relations Director
The Finance & Investor Relations Director is responsible for managing the budget and forecast process, treasury functions including hedging and investments, investor relations, risk management, and various finance projects.
As a key member of the management team, this position is responsible for company success and profitability by providing financial oriented input on business decisions. The Director, Finance understands and presents the financial drivers and budget variances of the business to management to help facilitate informed decision making, and to drive a greater understanding of budget to actual variances. This person is also responsible for creating and presenting a consistent investment message to the investment community on behalf of Inogen. In addition, this position is responsible for our Enterprise Risk Management program.
Responsibilities (Specific tasks, duties, essential functions of the job)
- Develop financial planning and financial management strategies that reflect short-term and long-term priorities and goals for the overall organization as well as the individual departments.
- Direct and coordinate budgeting activities including annual budget formulation, monitoring, and presentation as well as quarterly forecast updates and variance analysis.
- Compiles and analyzes consolidated budget models including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow projections.
- Holds monthly budget meetings with select department heads and reviews material actual to budget to actual variances.
- Key leader of the monthly business reviews with the management team.
- Responsible for maintaining budgeting systems that reflect the changing business requirements and growth.
- With the CFO, responsible for preparing financial analysis for internal analysis, board and audit committee presentations, and other requirements.
- Participate in evaluation and financial analysis for potential acquisitions and integration plans.
- As a key member of the management team, is responsible for crafting and/or reviewing all public messages including all filings, press releases, and presentations, including investor presentations, scripts, press releases, 10-Q and 10-K reviews.
- Responsible for developing and reporting on key financial metrics of the company.
- Monitors operational changes through ongoing contacts with company management and develops investor relations messages based on these changes.
- Responsible for overseeing financial budgeting and analysis systems (currently Adaptive and Splash BI).
- Involved in the production of all annual reports, SEC filings, and proxy statements, in conjunction with the SEC reporting team.
- Manages the investor relations portion of the company website.
- Monitors analyst reports, creates consensus models, and summarizes them for senior management.
- Serves as a key point of contact for the investment community.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with stock exchange representatives.
- May participate in conferences, road shows, earnings conference calls, and investor meetings.
- Oversee and/or directly control treasury functions of the Company, including all cash management, investments, and hedging functions.
- Manage the Company's banking relationships and invest excess cash according to the Investment Policy.
- Responsible for creating and delivering high quality presentation materials and reports to business unit leaders, senior corporate executives, and the board of directors and related committees.
- Responsible for insurance policy management to ensure proper risk management across the business.
- Maintain an Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program that is compliant with the guidelines of the Committee of Sponsoring Organization’s (COSO) 2013 pronouncement.
- Conduct an enterprise-wide risk assessment of the organization in support of quarterly presentations to executive management and the Board of Directors.
- Manage and review ROI assessment on companywide new projects with project leaders.
- Identification and assessment of operational, accounting and administrative functions for process improvements which includes financial analysis impact of improvements.
- Hire, lead and manage finance, and investor relations staff.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Assist with any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Broad financial and business acumen including a strong foundation in accounting and corporate finance principles and highly refined analytical and planning skills.
- Results oriented leader.
- Strong quantitative and analytic skills including advanced modeling skills, with the ability to work with others in complex tasks and review work products. Ability to synthesize data into meaningful conclusions and recommendations.
- Must have strong work ethic.
- Outstanding communication, management and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Effective conflict resolution.
- Ability to analyze and interpret company financial data & reporting.
- Analytical & problem-solving skills & ability to multi-task.
- Excellent planning, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with different departments within the company, shareholders, and bankers / sell-side analysts.
- High initiative and proven ability to lead and develop staff.
- Ability to analyze and interpret company financial data & reporting.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing & reviewing financial information.
- Requires up to 10% travel.
Qualifications (Experience and Education)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field of study, required.
- MS/MBA/MA or professional certification in Finance, Accounting, or Management, preferred.
- 12-15 years’ experience in Finance and/or Accounting, required. With 5+ years’ experience in medical device publicly traded company, preferred.
- 6+ years management experience, with a minimum of one direct report, required.
- Advanced knowledge/proficiency in Microsoft Office, required and ERP packages, preferred.
- Oracle and/or Adaptive experience, preferred.
- A combination of training, education and experience that is equivalent to the qualifications listed above and that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in the position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Inogen is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally
protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm;
The pay transparency policy is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf.
Inogen is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (972) 616-5668 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
- Job Function Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree