Residential Site Supervisor - Longmont Group Home
Imagine! is a nonprofit with a goal of helping people aspire to, and achieve, a fulfilling life of new possibilities by providing support services to individuals with developmental and cognitive disabilities. We support Boulder and Broomfield counties.
"Our mission is creating a world of opportunity for all abilities."
Purpose of Position- Manages the Staffed Site through effective staff supervision and completion of ongoing daily programmatic and administrative duties. Ensures regulatory compliance with regard to the State and Health Department Regulations and Imagine! policy and procedure.
1. Manages the Staffed Site on an ongoing basis, including:
- Practicing fiscal responsibility through budget control as established in company policy and procedure. This includes clearly and accurately documenting expenditures.
- Completing all necessary reporting.
- Working with Program Manager to ensure that all transitions into and out of the home are well communicated and successful.
- Ensuring home and property is maintained, including house systems.
- Maintaining the integrity of the residential site as a respectful, person-centered environment by offering routine feedback and support of all residents and staff.
- Fulfilling on-call responsibilities, including conflict resolution and emergency situations.
2. Provides supervision to all employees at Staffed Site.
- Hires qualified staff, trains new staff and maintains current curriculum with established staff, and manages staff performance. This includes daily administrative needs, scheduling responsibilities, and documentation requirements.
- Completes scheduled staff performance evaluations and conducts disciplinary action as needed.
- Effectively communicates with staff through regular staff meetings and consistent presence and support in the house.
3. Monitors and completes all Quality Assurance practices to ensure compliance with State and Health Department Regulations.
4. Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with surrounding communities.
This position requires regular use of a personal vehicle with liability insurance that meets Imagine! standards.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability:
·General knowledge of the developmental disabilities system in Colorado , including the Department of Health statutes and regulations governing house operations.
·Demonstrated skill in working with adults with developmental disabilities, preferably in a residential setting.
·Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks/goals for self and others.
·Effective written and verbal communication skills with individuals and groups at all professional levels.
·Effective and creative negotiator and problem solver.
·Ability to work effectively with various technology including word processing software, internet based databases, assistive technology, etc.
·Possession of a valid driver’s license and ability to meet Imagine! driving requirements.
·This position requires regular use of a personal mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet.
·Bachelor’s Degree preferred; six months’ experience working in the field of developmental disabilities required.
·Ability and willingness to satisfactorily complete training and obtain certification in: First Aid, Medication Administration Certification, and CPR.
·Satisfactory completion of job-specific and/or site-specific training.
·One year experience employed with Imagine!’s Residential Services preferred.
·Supervisory experience preferred.
Working Environment/Physical Activities
·Ability to lift 50 pounds.
·Effective with shifting roles, responsibilities, and expectations in a changing environment.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $20.40
- Required Education High School
- Longmont, CO, USA