Imagine! is a nonprofit with a goal of helping people aspire to, and achieve, a fulfilling life of new possibilities by providing support services to individuals with developmental and cognitive disabilities. We support Boulder and Broomfield counties.
"Our mission is creating a world of opportunity for all abilities."
At Imagine!, our mission is to create a world of opportunities for all abilities. Imagine! is a statewide leader in providing services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Our services are community-based and mission-driven. We value creativity, innovation, and teamwork. Our employees enjoy competitive compensation, generous benefits, flexible work schedules, comfortable work environments, as well as challenging and valuable work with friendly, supportive co-workers. We offer comprehensive orientation, training, and opportunities for professional development.
Job Title: Accounting Clerk
Reports to: Department Supervisor/Manager
Pay Grade: 16
Purpose of Position- Verifies and posts transactions to journals, ledgers and other records. May prepare statements, invoices and vouchers. May handle balancing and reconciliations. May specialize in one area of the accounting function.
- Verifies and posts transactions to journals, ledgers and other records.
- May prepare statements, receivables, invoices, checks and/or vouchers.
- Performs data entry and other common bookkeeping tasks.
- May handle balancing, auditing and/or reconciliations of accounts.
- Distributes and routes administrative paperwork as necessary.
- Provides information and assistance to representatives and outside vendors.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability:
· Effective written and verbal communication skills with individuals and groups at all professional levels.
· Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks/goals for self.
· Ability to work effectively with various technology including word processing software, internet based databases, spreadsheets, Outlook, etc.
· Effective and creative negotiator and problem solver.
· Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
· Associates degree in accounting or a related field
· OR Equivalent combination of education and experience.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· 1-2 years related experience.
Working Environment/Physical Activities
· Effective with shifting roles, responsibilities, and expectations in a changing environment.
· Ability to work effectively under the pressure of deadlines.
This is a brief description of Imagine!’s comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees. This information intends to provide a high-level summary of benefits and does not provide a full description. For additional information, please contact Human Resources.
Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Basic Life Insurance and AD&D, Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life Insurance, Retirement Savings Plan 403(b), Ten Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick Accruals, Wellbeing Days, Employee Assistance Program, Vision Insurance, Pet Insurance.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Lafayette, CO, USA