Direct Support Professional - Community Services
*** $2,000 SIGN ON BONUS! ***
Full time, part time and casual positions available.
Imagine! is a nonprofit with a goal of helping people aspire to, and achieve, a fulfilling life of new possibilities by providing support services to individuals with developmental and cognitive disabilities. We support Boulder and Broomfield counties.
"Our mission is creating a world of opportunity for all abilities."
Imagine! is a statewide leader in providing services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Our services are community-based and mission-driven. We value creativity, innovation, and teamwork. Our employees enjoy competitive compensation, generous benefits, flexible work schedules, comfortable work environments, as well as challenging and valuable work with friendly, supportive co-workers. We offer comprehensive orientation, training, and opportunities for professional development.
Some companies say they work hard and play hard. As part of Imagine!’s Community Services team, you get to do both at the same time! Our large but close knit staff of professionals support individuals with disabilities in building lifelong skills that enable them to live more independently, all while having fun out in the community. Full time staff members enjoy four day work weeks with flexible schedules designed to meet their active lifestyles. Join us in creating a strong and healthy community for everyone, regardless of ability or disability.
Purpose of Position- Promotes the heath and welfare of participants/ clients. Engages in skilled interaction with participants who require therapeutic supports, thus enabling them to access and utilize their community and build on skills. Acts in accordance with Community Services mission and guidelines as well as Individual Plans. Monitors and reports on data to ensure compliance with all applicable regulating agencies. Maintains professional relationships with participants as well as members of treatment teams.
1. Promotes the health, safety, and welfare of the participants.
- Ensures health and safety requirements set forth by Community Services guidelines as well as all regulating agencies. This includes appropriate services and supports, such as positive instruction, assistance with personal hygiene, toileting, meals, etc.
- Engages in skilled interaction with participants who require therapeutic supports to replace aggressive or socially inappropriate behavior.
- Assists participants in accessing and utilizing their community, by transporting them safely to recreational facilities or other community-based sites for activities, utilizing company cars, buses, walking, etc.
- Learns and consistently practices effective teaching skills, working with Therapeutic and Coordinating team as necessary.
2. Acts in accordance with Community Services policies, mission, and the Individual Plans.
- Supports and implements activities according to Community Services guidelines, in the context of activity protocols and plans, and in the context of a nurturing, stable environment.
- Implements, monitors, and reports on consumers’ Individual Plans.
- Completes documentation and tracking timely and accurately.
- Communicates effectively with consumers, guardians and family members, staff, and all other members of consumers’ treatment team. This includes checking email, voicemail, and managing phone calls regularly before and during each shift.
3. Monitors and reports on data to ensure compliance with all applicable guidelines and regulations, including Imagine! Policies and Procedures.
- Ensures quality service delivery, meeting the guidelines set forth in Community Services quality standards, as well as follows schedules, information sheets, and plans.
- Instructs in compliance with all applicable Federal, State, County and Municipal statutes, regulations, and Imagine! policies and procedures.
- Completes all required training, including annual refreshers, in the appropriate timeframe.
- Reports all behavioral incidents, medical emergencies, and/or significant changes in medical condition to supervisor, and completes all related paperwork in a timely manner.
4. Works closely with a BCBA and Behavioral Team to ensure the following:
- Implement Individual Treatment/Behavior Plans developed by Behavior Therapists and/or BCBAs
- Respond appropriately to client’s challenging behaviorsand implements behavior intervention strategies as directed by the Behavior Therapist or BCBA
- Collect data when working with some individuals
- Proactively communicate any questions or concerns to the Behavior Therapist or BCBA
- Supports Community Services mission in the context of both individual and collaborative work.
- Actively participates in staff meetings, workshops, in-services, discussions, etc.
- Maintains and cares for Imagine!’s property, including supplies, vehicles, etc., being mindful of safety and cleanliness.
- Represents Community Services in meetings and committees, as well as in promoting and marketing, as requested.
- Promotes team morale by being positive and professional.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability :
Working Environment/Physical Activities
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $15.90
- Required Education High School
- Lafayette, CO, USA
- Longmont, CO, USA