Maintenance Technician (2nd Shift)
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for HellermannTyton’s Key process equipment. Maintenance Technicians install, upgrade, rebuild, perform Preventative/Predictive maintenance, and repair of equipment. Technicians must be proficient in many different areas including hydraulics/pneumatics, industrial electricity, HMIs (Human Machine Interface), PLC/IPC/Device-Net knowledge, Interpret all schematics, bearings, lubrication, pumps, piping systems, mechanical drives, Servo motor and motor controls, industrial rigging, welding, basic machining (Mill and Lathe), and plant safety.
Knowledge and troubleshooting skills in the following areas:
- Electrical/Electronic Components
- Industrial Hydraulics & Pneumatics
- Mechanical Drive Systems
- Motors and Motor Controls
- Servo Motors and Controls
- Programmable Logic Controllers/HMI
- Lubrication Systems
- Pumps, Bearings & Control Valves
- Industrial Rigging
Success in this role will require:
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance functions. This includes understanding the materials required for maintaining each equipment area; their general functions for logical scheduling purposes, standard repair procedures, and the significance of accurate and timely processing of work orders within these areas, including using CMMS to create work orders, order material and confirm work completion.
- Constantly learns and shares knowledge and information with others within the team to build overall production competency
- Minimize machine downtime by troubleshooting and resolving mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic issues using technical manuals, schematics, and training.
- Demonstrate a strong focus by applying the highest level of service to internal customers.
- Work with others when problem-solving and repairing or working within their area.
- Complete required training and competency for the Maintenance area. This includes but is not limited to participating in new maintenance employee safety orientation, basic skills training, equipment-specific training.
- Develop functional knowledge of the maintenance CMMS by creating work orders, viewing status of work orders, and closing work orders when complete.
- Communicate and coordinate work efforts with other departments and employees.
- Demonstrate a desire to continuously improve and learn new skills that add value to the process.
- Able to work overtime on weekdays, weekends and adapt work schedule to meet company needs on occasion.
What You Bring:
- A high school diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 years’ experience as a skilled trade technician, Comparable Military service experience and training, enrolled in or completion of a skilled trade diploma, certificate, apprenticeship, or associate degree.
- Provides own tools, toolbox, and bag.
- Proven electrical, pneumatic, Hydraulic, and mechanical knowledge.
- Able to properly operate a forklift, scissor lift, overhead crane, and pallet hand jack.
- Stand, walk, climb, kneel, and bend for up to 8 hours, or more on occasion.
- Safely use hand and power tools.
- Have good dexterity, as some repairs or adjustments require loosening and tightening hardware in tight or hard to reach areas.
- Able to lift, push, or pull up to 70 lbs.
- Valid Driver’s license.
Paid Training / Paid Lunch / Overtime / Free Uniforms / Reimbursement for Protective Equipment / Internal Career Growth / Gain Sharing Bonus / Clean & Climate Control Manufacturing Environment with Great Lighting
Medical / Dental / Vision / Flexible Spending Accounts / Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment / Disability Insurance Coverage / 401(k) Retirement and Profit-Sharing Plan / Employee Assistance Program
Work/Life: Paid Time Off / Paid Holiday / Onsite Medical Clinic / Wellness Program / Tuition Reimbursement / Company Discounts
- Pay Type Hourly
- 6701 Good Hope Rd, Milwaukee, WI 53223, USA