Epic MyChart Analyst
The Applications Analyst will be responsible for all aspects of the functioning of an Epic application (e.g., Tapestry, Resolute, Epic Care, Cadence) and will also maintain a working knowledge of all of GHC-SCW’s other applications. The Applications Analyst will be responsible for coordinating system upgrades, implementing new functionality, project planning, deployment of resources, and analyzing interoperability with other applications. These duties require a highly detailed knowledge of the Epic application as well as ongoing certification in that application. The Applications Analyst will be the main point of contact for other GHC-SCW departments whose business needs are impacted by the Epic application. In addition, the Applications Analyst will assist the Manager in certain administrative departmental activities. The Applications Analyst will conduct complex clinical/business process analysis, needs assessments and related analysis. Additionally, the incumbent will develop new workflows, and evaluate software functionality. The incumbent strives to insure information technology solutions meet the clinical/business initiatives of GHC-SCW. The Applications Analyst also has a strong emphasis on ensuring that our software is implemented in a manner that enhances GHC-SCW’s members’ experience with our organization. The incumbent performs under the direction, guidance and general supervision of the IT Enterprise Applications Manager.
The incumbent knows and abides by all Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin (GHC-SCW) organizational and departmental policies, sets personal standards and strives for high quality work in completing assignments, performs job duties in a timely manner, and represents the organization in a positive manner. The incumbent understands our Mission , Vision and Common Values (stated below) and is committed to promote these values in behavior and attitude.
Our Mission Statement: To provide accessible, comprehensive, high quality healthcare and outstanding service in an efficient and personalized manner to persons in the GHC-SCW service area.
Our Vision: To be a leader among HMO’s in providing high-quality medical care, impeccable service and competitive benefit levels and premium rates.
Our Common Values:
- Patient Centered: When health insurers and health care providers are brought together under one roof, we are better together. Our care team model focuses on supporting the needs of our patients/members and providing the best in safe, high quality coordinated health care. Members and their providers participate in making meaningful decisions that lead to better outcomes.
- Quality Driven: When members and their providers each participate meaningfully in the decisions that lead to better health care, we are better together. GHC-SCW continues its tradition of providing proactive health promotion and disease management outreach to our members to consistently achieve high quality health care accreditation.
- Innovation: When we work to lift each other up, show appreciation and collaborate in the best interests of the member, we are better together. GHC-SCW has made innovative advancements which include the implementation of an electronic medical records system (EMR) and GHC-SCW MyChartSM, access to innovative Complementary Medicine benefits and Wellness reimbursement services.
- Community Involved: When we join with our community to further the causes for which we share a common concern, we are better together. We are proud to promote programs that strengthen lives, and make our community a safer, stronger and healthier place to live and grow. GHC-SCW employees share their time and talent; and we recognize that the value of what we give is also what we gain – for our employees, our members and our community.
- Not for Profit Cooperative: When we share a common purpose, a common voice and a common vision, we are better together. We use our surpluses to improve clinics, enhance health care benefits and give back to the community. Our members, not our profits, are our priority. We have a unique “cooperative” governance structure which works directly for our members.
GHC-SCW is committed to fostering a caring and compassionate environment while ensuring that individual differences are valued. GHC-SCW is a quality driven cooperative built on collaboration, community involvement, innovation, and belonging. It is essential that all employees, members, and patients feel secure and welcome, that the opinions and contributions of all individuals are respected and that all voices are heard.
Healthcare is a human right.
In treating all people with dignity and respect.
There is strength in diversity.
Equity celebrates our humanity.
We are better together.
JOB SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant major; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of relevant MIS, direct healthcare, insurance or related experience required. Additional one (1) to two (2) years of experience in clinical/insurance systems analysis or direct healthcare delivery is desirable. Experience with health care payer systems, practice management or an electronic medical record system is desired.
- Possession of a valid Wisconsin driver license with a good driving record and/or ability to provide own transportation to travel to clinic sites is required.
- Experience with clinical/insurance systems analysis and/or implementation is preferred.
- In depth knowledge or ability to learn Epic systems is required.
- Epic certification in the respective Epic application within six (6) months of employment required.
- Experience in project planning and project management is desirable.
- Knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office Suite including word processing, presentation, database, spreadsheet and email programs required
- Ability to maintain organizational and patient confidentiality. Knowledge of HIPAA requirements.
- Ability to be culturally sensitive and work with diverse populations.
- Ability to work in a consultative approach with users in assessing needs and requirements.
- Experience giving presentations to management and staff preferred.
- Ability to act as a meeting facilitator required.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical abilities required.
- Ability to be articulate and clear in both written and verbal communications; also the ability to be an attentive and active listener.
- Ability to provide a positive influence in potentially high stress situations required.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization while providing excellent customer service required.
- Ability to work independently and be results oriented required.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities required. Commitment to meeting deadlines required.
- Demonstrated skill in influencing and motivating groups and individuals towards the accomplishment of an objective.
- Ability to make good, timely decisions based upon analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
- Skill in coordinating group efforts, assisting the group in accomplishing collective goals.
- Professional certifications that are desirable:
a. HIMSS: CPHIMS, CAHIMS
b. PMI: PMP
c. AHIP: ITP, ITF, etc.
d. AHIMA: RHIA, RHIT, CHTS, CHPS, etc.
e. Maintain previously earned healthcare designations (CMA, LPN, RN, MT, RT, RP, etc.)
f. Epic: Graduate Program
- Ability to use a keyboard for the majority of the workday. Ability to see at near and far range.
- Ability to work occasional off hours, nights and weekends as required.
- Pay Type Salary
- Administration - 1265 John Q. Hammons Drive, 1265 John Q. Hammons Dr. , Madison, Wisconsin, United States of America