SR HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST- Hybrid Work From Home Opportunity
Lumos is a growing fiber service provider delivering high-speed broadband internet, Wi-Fi, digital voice, streaming TV, and other hosted communications services to residential and small business customers within Virginia, as well as in North Carolina where we are known as NorthState. We currently have an expanding network of over 5,000 routes miles of fiber with robust Fiber to the Premise (FTTP) broadband expansion plans underway to accelerate serving more homes and businesses with connectivity throughout the region. Our product offering is available to nearly 200,000 addresses and growing.
We are more than your average internet company. Our customers enjoy the fastest fiber speeds available built on a network they can truly count on – all backed by local, expert customer care teams. We know that fast, reliable Internet is what our customers need to stay connected to the things that matter. That continuous connection is our commitment to our community. Lumos and NorthState are sponsored by EQT Infrastructure, one of the most successful global private equity firms in the fiber industry space.
The Senior Human Resources Generalist is a key contributor on the delivery of the Human Resources business plan and contributes to the development of the Human Resources strategy. Ensures that the HR function proactively supports the organization to achieve its objectives. Leads, develops and motivates as needed. This role is a significant contributor to all HR services in an assigned market, including recruiting and staffing, employee relations, performance management and improvement systems, terminations and layoffs, employment law compliance, employee on-boarding and development, policy communication and consistent application, company communication on a variety of topics and issues including benefits and compensation issues, recognition programs and other initiatives designed to drive Lumos leadership culture.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage talent acquisition process. Source, interview, screen and recommend selection of candidates for all positions in service area. Ensure that pre-employment processes are followed and positions are filled quickly with high quality talent. Coach leaders on interviewing skills and recruiting best practices. Manage the onboarding process.
- Provide support to Managers and Directors in all areas of culture and employee relations—including coaching/development, policy interpretation and application, performance appraisals and the resolution of employee issues including terminations for cause. Respond to employee inquiries regarding organizational policies.
- Accurately maintain required information in Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
- Benefits oversight and explanation/guidance to employees.
- Process unemployment claims; provide guidance to FMLA and other leave cases; Manage administrative HR processes for maximum efficiency.
- Ensures that leaders and staff receive effective and appropriate advise and support on the implementation and interpretation of HR policies and procedures. Keeps HR team advised of any new legal updates, especially in other areas of footprint
- Suggest metrics, tools and measures to help other parts of the organization; Be an integral support for HR projects to improve HR levels of service as required
- College degree in related field or equivalent job experience. Professional certifications preferred (SPHR/SHRM-SCP).
- 5+ years of progressively responsible HR experience. Process design and project management experience desired.
- Key Competencies: Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and payroll/HRIS systems, preferably Ceridian Dayforce; Proven ability to lead people; excellent communication skills both oral and written; sound judgment/discernment.
Benefits: Includes Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement, Gym Reimbursement, Paid vacation/holiday leave and more. Please visit our company website at
Lumosnetworks.com / NorthState.net.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- High Point, NC, USA