RISE Career Coach
Impact Your Future, While Impacting Your Community. Our Company. Your Career. Together We Transform Lives!
GOODWILL OF GREATER WASHINGTON IS A DRUG FREE WORK ENVIRONMENT!
Align your passion and purpose at Goodwill
Goodwill offers careers in a variety of exciting and interesting fields throughout the greater Washington, DC region. Working at Goodwill offers competitive wages, a sustainable career path, diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace culture, and makes a lasting and positive impact on our community. It takes Goodwill to do great things. Join our team.
POSITION SUMMARY: Assist Goodwill of Greater Washington Retail and AbilityOne Associates in the areas of skill development, career planning and crisis management. Develop and implement strategies to assist associates to RISE to their highest level of personal success. This position is responsible and will be held accountable for behaving in accordance with divisional and organizational RISE values and expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Plan, organize, and conduct private individual session(s) on an as needed basis to deliver coaching services.
2. Perform assessments to identify abilities, talents, interests, and personality characteristics in order to develop personal and professional goals.
3. Provide assistance to Associates in developing individual employment, support plans and action plans to assist Associates with career development.
4. Refer Associates to supportive services to include, but not limited to, housing, food, financial, literacy, debt counseling, mental health, domestic violence, child care, etc. and provide concrete information such as where to go and how to apply.
5. If applicable, performs assessments of the physical, functional, social, and psychological needs of AbilityOne Associates to determine program eligibility, accommodations or equipment adaptations.
6. If applicable, ensures Associates’ case files have current medical documentation and Individual Eligibility Evaluation forms to meet AbilityOne compliance standards and other key documents per Source America standards.
7. If applicable, frequent travel to contract site locations to collaborate with Project Managers to craft and complete competitive employment evaluations on AbilityOne associates annually.
8. If applicable, conducts post-employment activities with Ability One associates, to include, but not limited to conducting site visits, assisting supervisor in developing and implementing an on-the-job training plan based on Associate’s individual learning style, etc. in conjunction with Division standard operating procedures.
1. Offer reinforcement by giving timely and appropriate feedback in conveying information, interpreting assessment results and acknowledging efforts and progress.
2. Use key coaching principles to establish good interpersonal relationships by helping Associates feel valued, appreciated, and included in discussions and decisions.
3. Assures individuals rights of Associates are protected by educating Associates and their supervisor, as agreed upon by the Associate, on job accommodations, assistive technology devices, adaptive work equipment, natural supports, and/or guidance on behavior management techniques.
4. Compile and study occupational, educational, and economic information to aid Associates in making and carrying out vocational, educational and personal goals and objectives.
5. Accurately records electronic case notes that are an objective, current, non-judgmental summary description of the nature and content of the contact, and actions taken as a result of the contact and focus on the plan of services for the Associate. Case notes will be recorded in the automated case note system within 24-hours of the contact.
6. Provide ongoing support until the Associate has met his/her goals or no longer desires services.
7. Assist in maintaining current information (i.e., address, telephone number, etc) in electronic case file database.
8. Assists in conducting workshops for Associates and Managers.
9. Assists in conducting outreach to community-based organizations and social service agencies through service presentations, meetings, and attendance at networking events to increase program visibility and recruit.
10. Other job related duties as assigned
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
1. Bachelor’s degree in rehabilitation counseling, training and development, education, or related field, with two or more years of experience providing career coaching to diverse populations. Five or more years of related experience can substitute for the four-year degree.
2. Access to reliable transportation to delivery services in remote locations, attend trainings, and meetings.
3. If applicable, ability to pass a Federal background investigation to gain access to AbilityOne contract sites to provide coaching services.
4. Ability to maintain confidentiality of Associates’ information.
5. Knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA) or ability to obtain KSA in Americans with Disability Act, job accommodations, assistive technology, learning styles, and Universal Design for Learning.
6. Demonstrated skill and ability to apply life and career coaching theories and techniques in the delivery of services to diverse population.
7. Demonstrated skill and ability to establish and maintain a customer focus to ensure that the expectations of stakeholders (e.g., persons served, employers, referring agencies, etc.) are met.
8. Demonstrated skill in active listening.
9. Demonstrated ability to be flexible and thrive in changing conditions.
10. Demonstrated interpersonal sensitivity to include patience, tolerance, enthusiasm, compassion and empathy. Ability to develop rapport with a wide variety of diverse individuals.
11. Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and attention to detail.
12. Demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
13. Demonstrated ability to initiate tasks and work independently.
14. Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking principles.
15. Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher).
American Sign Language proficiency.
Experience working with individuals from diverse social-economic backgrounds.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer minority/female/disability/vet. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
GOODWILL OF GREATER WASHINGTON IS A DRUG FREE WORK ENVIRONMENT!
- Pay Type Salary
- Glebe Goodwill Store, 10 South Glebe Road, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America