Production Team Leader Alexandria, Virgina Warehouse
Align your passion and purpose at Goodwill
Goodwill offers careers in a variety of exciting and interesting fields throughout the greater Washington, DC region. Working at Goodwill offers competitive wages, a sustainable career path, diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace culture, and makes a lasting and positive impact on our community. It takes Goodwill to do great things. Join our team.
Assists the Production Assistant Manager to supervise processors and donation attendants and coordinate production activities to include, but not limited to, after market production, handing standards, receiving of donations, pricing standards, warehouse maintenance and Attended Donation Center site coverage. This position is responsible and will be held accountable for behaving in accordance with divisional and organizational RISE values and exceptions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Monitors and ensures a smooth production process for all donation functions, inventory, control, and adherence to the agency’s production procedures and core value pledge for processors and donation.
2. Fulfills the duties of all production staff (if needed) to include providing excellent customer service to donors, greeting donors and safely unloading donations from vehicles, completing donor receipts, and sorting and processing donated items into designated categories; maintains production levels and quality of merchandise to the sales floor.
3. Aids in and ensures the enforcement of store safety and security procedures.
4. Aids in settling complaints.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains a professional appearance adhering to Goodwill uniform standards
2. Assists with maintaining proper staffing as it relates to budgets.
3. Assists the Assistant Production Manager to accurately record the work of the department.
4. Assists with monitoring the time and attendance system.
5. Assists during the interviews, trains, and instructs workers in such a manner as to develop full working potential.
6. Assists with the development of efficient and effective methods and procedures for work simplification and material processing.
7. Performs other duties as directed and required.
This position has supervisory responsibility for the retail staff including the donation attendants, processors, and sales associates.
1. High school diploma or equivalent and at least 6 months of supervisory experience. Successful completion of GGW’s Aspiring Manager and Employ Excellence Programs may be substituted for this requirement.
2. Excellent customer service skills.
3. Basic computer skills.
4. Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
5. Ability to perform basic math.
6. Ability to read and comprehend internal documents related to store operations.
7. Ability to perform continuous walking, stooping, standing, bending, kneeling and climbing for prolonged periods of time (up to 7 hours per 8-hour shift).
8. Ability to lift up to and between 40 – 50 pounds frequently.
1. Previous experience working in a warehouse environment.
2. Previous experience in the area of transportation production.
3. Ability to coach and direct employees.
4. Ability to gracefully adapt to periodic and rapid change.
5. Fluent in English and Spanish.
Medium Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/ carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Moderate occasionally exposed to extreme atmospheric conditions (temperature, noise fumes, dust, etc.)
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $16.00
- General Green Warehouse, 6441 General Green Way, Alexandria, Virginia, United States of America