Assistant Manager Retail Sterling
Align your passion and purpose at Goodwill
Goodwill offers careers in a variety of exciting and interesting fields throughout the greater Washington, DC region. Working at Goodwill offers competitive wages, a sustainable career path, diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace culture, and makes a lasting and positive impact on our community. It takes Goodwill to do great things. Join our team.
POSITION SUMMARY: As a Goodwill Manager, you are an organizational leader responsible for creating a high performing work environment that results in positive associate experiences, excellent customer service and an overall successful operation that supports the mission. Managers model passion for work, strong positive leadership skills and are effective coaches to their direct reports. Managers are expected to understand store and divisional objectives and to meet established goals including revenue, profit and expense control. This position has the authority to recommend and make decisions on hiring, coaching and discipline. Managers will be held accountable for behaving in accordance with divisional and organizational RISE values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists the store manager with the overall operation of the business unit.
2. Develops, coaches and trains all direct reports in the business unit.
3. Helps to create an atmosphere of ongoing exceptional customer service to internal (associates, peers, other departments) and external customers, donors, shoppers, community partners.
4. Makes recommendations for hiring and evaluating of associates on the team.
5. Performs daily administrative/clerical functions of store operations.
6. Provides exceptional customer service to customers, to include resolving customer concerns.
7. Fulfills the duties of store personnel only if needed.
8. Models, monitors and enforces compliance with company policies, SOP’s and values. Monitors sales transactions associated with purchases and ensures proper sales procedures are followed.
9. Maintains the general appearance of the store and premises according to agency standards.
10. Assists in the enforcement of store safety and security procedures and ensures safety procedures are enforced on an ongoing basis. In some stores, may act as safety captain.
11. Assists with maintaining production levels and quality of merchandise to the sales floor that reflect the standards of Push for Production (PFP) model.
12. Monitors and ensures a smooth process for all donation functions while adhering to all standard company practices and procedures.
13. Performs all other duties as assigned.
This position has supervisory responsibility for associates including Team Leads.
1. High school diploma or equivalent plus one to three years previous management experience in retail or similar service-oriented business or environment (e.g. military experience).
2. Basic math and computer skills (ability to create and manipulate spreadsheets understand computerized time and attendance, understand POS systems etc.).
3. Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing in a clear manner.
4. Excellent customer service skills.
5. Personal vehicle to transport store receipts to the bank.
6. Must be willing to work flexible days and hours. Schedule must be flexible to meet the needs of a seven day per week business.
1. Associate degree or higher.
2. Previous experience in the area of inventory movement and are housing (preferably in a retail environment).
3. Fluency in a language other than English
- Pay Type Salary
- Sterling Goodwill Store, 22405 Enterprise Street, Sterling, Virginia, United States of America