9540 San Jose Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32257, USAReq #7
Friday, September 10, 2021
Founded in 1960 GATE Petroleum Company is a heavily diversified company headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida. GATE operated in a variety of industries including retail convenience stores, car washes, fleet and fuel services, and real estate, hospitality and construction materials. GATE’s continued growth and success is directly related to the dedication of its employees and the loyalty of the customers.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for providing day to day human resources support and service of all human capital needs and assisting the Human Resources Manager in implementing various human resources programs and procedures for company employees.
• Provide high-quality advice and service regarding employee relations and performance management issues
• Supports the Human Resources Manager in the implementation and administration of policies and procedures
• Subject Matter Expert overseeing applicant and new hire process, ensuring all processes are completed accurately (to include I-9s, drug and background screening, and schedule training)
• Maintains personnel records, as well as department files
• Assists with FMLA/LOA
• Processes Unemployment Claims
• Prepare Referrals and Separations
• Responsible for maintaining Mystery Shopper and Service Award Programs
• Identify ways to improve policies and procedures
• Performs additional duties that may be required by supervisor
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred (equivalent work experience will be considered)
• Three + years of experience; in Human Resources or relatable work experience
• General knowledge of Human resources policies and practices
• Must have excellent computer skills and be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Must have ability to organize and prioritize projects in a fast-paced changing business environment
• Ability to respond to questions, requests, and concerns from employees and management regarding company and Human Resources programs, policies and guidelines
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Ability to handle confidential information
• Ability to develop effective working relationships within all areas of the company.