Fort Worth Zoo, 1989 Colonial Pkwy, Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America Req #359
Wednesday, August 25, 2021
Must be 16 years old or older to apply
Starting Pay Rate $10.20
Zoo perks include free admission to the Zoo, eight complimentary tickets per year to give to friends and family and discounts on food, merchandise, attractions, admission, and programs.
This position assists in all operational aspects of the Zoo's rides, games, entertainment, and theater operations. Daily tasks include selling attractions tickets, monitoring rides and theaters, ensuring the safety of all guests and assisting in keeping the park a fun, friendly, family environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work as an attendant and follow standard operating procedures in the following areas:
o Rock Climbing Wallo Traino Carouselo Playbarno Weather Theater and Finale Theater
• Provide exceptional customer service to all Zoo guests
• Follow and adhere to all established safety standards and policies
• Operate cash register following established Zoo cash handling procedures
• Maintain appearance and cleanliness of attractions areas
• Assist guests loading and unloading from rides
• Assist guests entering and exiting theaters or attractions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Must be sixteen (16) years of age or older
• Ability to work 5 days a week, including weekends (9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.)
• Possess skills to operate basic office equipment
• Computer knowledge in windows programs
Education and/or Experience:
• Prior cash handling experience desirable
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
This position may involve prolonged periods in inclement weather.
All staff will be subject to exposure to the weather elements, including excessively hot or cold temperatures.
• Team oriented environment
• Ability to work irregular hours (holidays and weekends)
• Ability to work special events and functions as required
• Ability to work outdoors in heat, cold and inclement weather
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as a complete inventory of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an at-will basis.
*Scheduled hours may fluctuate due to park attendance, weather and/or business needs.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $10.20
This posting is inactive.
- Fort Worth Zoo, 1989 Colonial Pkwy, Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America