Fort Worth Zoo, 1989 Colonial Pkwy, Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America Req #383
Thursday, April 29, 2021
This position performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled duties related to the maintenance repair and construction Zoo electrical HVAC systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Install, service, repair, and perform preventative maintenance tasks associated with HVAC systems
• Monitor equipment and systems for proper and efficient operation
• Perform HVAC controls testing
• Consult with the department director and other staff as necessary to determine the Zoo’s overall HVAC requirements; and prepare technical specifications and project plans as required
• Prepare estimate of work hours, materials, and resources required for projects
• Order replacement parts and maintain parts inventory
• Maintain service records on electrical systems and delivery, HVAC and other equipment as requested
• Maintain required CFC records and precipitate inventory of CFC and other “FREON”
• Operate all necessary hand tools and equipment to perform required duties
• Possess knowledge of Johnson Metasys System or other associated controls
• Track and log all time and materials used
• Assist other trades as necessary
• Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Two years experience as a facilities maintenance technician or able to demonstrate the knowledge and abilities listed under duties
• Familiar with maintenance/construction equipment and safety practices
• Ability to operate various maintenance/construction equipment and tools
• Knowledge of Fort Worth city codes as needed
• Valid driver license with acceptable motor vehicle record to maintain Zoo standards of insurability
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• 2 years experience in maintenance/construction field
Certificates, Licenses, and/or Registrations:
• CFC type 1 and 2 certifications
• Universal certification preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Team oriented environment
• Ability to work irregular hours (holidays and weekends)
• Ability to work special events and functions as required
• Ability to work outdoors in heat, cold and inclement weather
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as a complete inventory of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an at-will basis.
This is a full-time position and offers the following benefits:
• Medical and Prescription Drug (Employee Coverage 90% Employer Paid, Dependent Coverage 55% Employer Paid)
• Basic Life AD&D (1 x Annual Salary up to $150,000 – 100% Employer Paid)
• Short Term Disability (100% Employer Paid)
• Long Term Disability (100% Employer Paid)
• Supplemental Life
• Flexible Spending Account
• Paid Time Off (Accrual Equivalent to 5 Weeks Per Year)
• PTO Rollover
• PTO Sell Back
• Free Zoo Membership
• Free Guest Passes
• Discounts on Food, Merchandise, Attractions, Admission and Programs
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fort Worth Zoo, 1989 Colonial Pkwy, Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America