Compensation Analyst - Business Intelligence
Cambridge Global Payments, a FLEETCOR company, is a leading provider of integrated cross-border payment services and risk management solutions. As a trusted partner for 25 years, Cambridge delivers innovative solutions designed to mitigate foreign exchange exposure and address unique business needs. Our award-winning capabilities and industry-leading technologies simplify the way businesses connect with the global marketplace. As one of the largest bank-independent providers globally, we are flexible and responsive, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia. Learn more at cambridgefx.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
ROLE FUNCTION AND PURPOSE
The Compensation Analyst works closely with the business leaders and the compensation manager to administer sales variable compensation calculations, modeling and ROI analysis, strategic partnership management, reporting deliverables including preparing management reports, presentations, and documenting business process. This is an exciting and the critical role in the organization as this team manages the variable compensation for 400+ HC which involves various levels of corporate strategies with the power of real time compensation analytics, business intelligence tools and the inhouse platforms. The need to comprehend business concepts and ensure these concepts are delivered as meaningful analytics. The analyst facilitates design and concept gathering and assist in the creation of new reports or analytics. Also the analyst should be experienced with problem-solving and conflict resolution to help identify, communicate and resolve issues.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibility of this position is to support the business leaders, compensation manager and the director of business intelligence in the areas of global variable compensation modelling, strategic plans, sales commissions, bonuses, incentives, financial business analysis and sales performance analysis with a view to deliver enhanced business performance.
- Responsible to build sales compensation and incentive plans, review accuracy of the BI generated compensations statement, distribute timely Financial and Variable Compensation reports that enhance the decision-making abilities for the Senior Management and Executives.
- Engage with the business leaders on the sales ROI and promote new incentives to motivate the sales team to support organization growth.
- Sales Variable Compensation: Review and validate monthly compensation for various roles across the different geo’s we operate in.
- Management & Leadership Variable Compensation: Calculate monthly/quarterly incentives
- Account Management: client classification updates and including sales group administration.
- Sales Incentive Programs: administer and track individual performance under sales incentive programs.
- Compensation Modeling: create competitive and pay for performance-based compensation plans to drive management goals.
- Compensation Reporting: reporting on the effectiveness of sales programs.
- Measuring sales performance against an established set of KPIs.
- Responding to inquiries regarding compensation payout, partnership management, policies, and procedures.
- To Identify and recommend improvements to current processes, with a focus on increased efficiencies and enhanced value-added analytics.
- Introduce new analysis, reporting formats, etc. which provide insights to different areas of the business.
- Prepare modeling to assess ROI & also conduct due diligence for partnership evaluation.
- Support a variety of special compensation projects to improve internal business processes.
- Maintain BI Documentation for all compensation Plans and processes.
- Assist in implementing solutions for variable compensation reporting and modeling.
- Microsoft Office- Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Compensation modeling and administration knowledge/experience
- Financial analysis, reconciliations, and profitability analysis.
- (Tableau & Power BI)
- Project Management
- Basic Microsoft SQL & VBA/Macros (Not a key requirement)
- Basic Knowledge on CRM (Salesforce)
ABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Proven ability to conduct and/or support multiple projects with minimal oversight;
- Strong interviewing and listening skills to elicit detailed requirements;
- Proven analytical skills in defining business needs into product requirements;
- Demonstrable excellent written and verbal communication skills with business and Technical stakeholders as well as internal and external users;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to work independently and to prioritize work with a focus on deadlines and deliverables;
- Proven record as a strong team player in a fast-paced, deadline driven, diverse environment; and
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
About the Company:
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (“FLEETCOR”) is a leading global provider of business payment solutions. We help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment of various domestic and cross-border payables using specialized payment products. We serve businesses, partners, merchants, consumers and payment networks in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- $2.4B Annual Revenue
- 600,000 Directly Served Business Clients
- 2.6B+ Transactions per Year
- 8,400+ Employees
(as of December 31, 2020)
Our payment solutions provide our customers with a payment method designed to be superior to and more robust and effective than what they use currently, whether they use a competitor’s product or another alternative method such as cash or check. We group our payment solutions into five primary categories: Fuel, Lodging, Tolls, Corporate Payments and Gift. Each category is unique in its focus, customer base and target markets, but they also share a number of characteristics: customers are primarily businesses, have recurring revenue models, have specialized networks which create barriers to entry, have high margins, and have similar selling systems.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
Despite many advances in our industry, the majority of business payments are still made with outdated and inferior payment methods, such as checks and cash. We envision a business world where every purchase is controlled, every payment is digital, and every payment-related decision is well-informed. In this future paperless state, payments will require little to no time to manage, leaving companies with more time for what matters most: activities that grow their businesses.
FLEETCOR’s mission is to provide businesses with a better way to pay, by replacing outdated payment methods such as checks and cash, and displacing the incumbent providers of those methods. Through the digitalization of payments, we create and support robust ecosystems which benefit all participating constituents: payment-making customers, payment-accepting merchants, tax-collecting governments, and FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR is a growth company, and we employ a simple three-prong strategy for growing our business:
- More Customers. We invest more than $200 million per year in sales and marketing, predominately focused on new customer acquisition. We continue to scale existing sales channels and headcount, enable our sales people with demand generation and other tools, and launch new distribution channels both internally and through partners such as ERP software providers, telematics companies, and banks. We will also grow our customer base inorganically through acquisitions.
- More Spend. We seek to leverage our existing customer relationships and capture greater share of their business payment expenditures. As such, we have developed various “beyond” initiatives, where we extend the utility of an existing payment product without degrading the core value proposition of the original product. As such, a customer can “buy more stuff” without sacrificing the controls and reporting which attracted the customer to our product to begin with. For example:
- Our Fuel card customers can enable their cards to allow non-fuel purchases relevant to their business, like allowing a painting crew to buy supplies at a home improvement store, so they can finish the paint job.
- Our Toll tag customers can use their in-vehicle RFID tags to make other “on the go” purchases like parking, fuel and fast-food.
For our customers, these product extensions reduce payment friction, saving them time and operational headaches. For FLEETCOR, these product extensions can increase our share of wallet with existing customers and can increase our products’ appeal and applicability to previously-unserved customer segments (e.g., non-toll urban dwellers). We also create new product offerings, developed internally or in conjunction with partners, to cross-sell to our existing customer base.
- More Geographies. We continue to seek attractive entry opportunities in major international markets, which we intend to pursue through acquisitions and partnerships.
Together we can foster true belonging. We know different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds lead to better innovation and results. We are therefore committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” at FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR’s culture reflects our history of fast growth and our continued drive for results. Our entrepreneurial spirit remains strong across our global workforce, and we reinforce these principles in our five core values:
- Innovation: Figure out a better way
- Execution: Get it done quickly
- Integrity: Do the right thing
- People: We make the difference
- Collaboration: Accomplish more together
These values guide all of our employees and are infused in all aspects of our Company. We are, as a team, united through these shared values and our mission to provide “a better way to pay.”
Our values foster an inclusive culture through the expectation that all employees will treat each other with respect and appreciate the diversity of identities, thoughts, backgrounds and styles. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture has never been more essential than in this moment of national reflection. We must always celebrate the diversity of our company and our communities.
We strongly believe that the quality and diversity of our workforce provide FLEETCOR with a competitive advantage, and that our problem-solving and solution-building efforts are greatly enhanced when we harness the collective thinking of a diverse group of people with unique experiences and perspectives.
FLEETCOR’s COVID-19 Hiring Guidelines:
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are temporarily working from home. In addition, FLEETCOR implemented a virtual interviewing and hiring process, engaging with talent by phone or video and onboarding new employees remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Job Family Analyst
- Pay Type Salary
- Toronto, ON, Canada