The game is changing in business payment, and FLEETCOR is leading the way with innovative solutions that streamline the payment process and help companies control spending.
The FLEETCOR team has cracked the code. We've assembled an A-team of business partners, payment networks, and employees. We have the technology and have made it our mission to develop and deliver better ways to pay.
FLEETCOR is not just about fun team events or great learning opportunities (although we have those too!). We’re growing our team and are looking for a Release Manager to join us and make a real impact! If that is you, APPLY NOW!
You will own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, Projects and Programs. Where necessary you’ll provide tools and services to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production.
You will be responsible for implementing and managing release processes for code through development, test, and production environments. The Release Manager Job function works collaboratively with all participants in software development projects and is supportive of developers and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments.
- In this stage, release managers will design release guidelines that should be implemented across the company. Release planning:
- Release managers will oversee the various aspects of a project before it is due to be deployed, ensuring all teams are on track and meeting the agreed guidelines. Configuring releases:
- The quality of the release needs to be reviewed before a project is officially launched. The release manager is in charge of ensuring Quality Assurance teams know the guidelines of the project and will check that these standards are met. Quality Checks:
- After being quality checked, the project is ready to be deployed. The release manager is still responsible for ensuring a project is rolled out smoothly and efficiently. Deployment:
- Scrum Master:
Release Manager Roles and Responsibilities:
- Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio
- Communicate the project-related tasks such as plans, timelines, requirements, etc. between different teams.
- Coordinate the release schedule and resources required depending upon the third-party applications, defect backlogs, planned releases, and infrastructure updates.
- Identify the risks that can delay the release and manage them, such that the scope scheduled, and quality of the release is not affected.
- Schedule / attend the CAB meetings to discuss the release schedules with the team and find roadblocks, if any.
- Lead all SCRUM activities including Stand up meetings, Sprint Planning meetings, Reviews and Retrospectives.
- Track the progress and find issues, if any. Always work to improve the process of release.
- Make sure that the release is planned, according to the requirements and budget.
- Schedule the release readiness reviews before deployment and milestone reviews after each release.
- Create plans for the implementation and deployment as per the release schedule.
- Plan and give weekly updates on the release activities
- Make sure the allocation of Release Engineers to every release.
- Communicate with release managers from different IT departments.
- Lead the Go-Live activities to deploy the software successfully.
- Team up with relevant development teams responsible for building the automation tools used to develop and deploy the software.
- Maintain documentation related to procedures on build and release, various notifications lists, and dependencies.
- Make improvements in the methodologies used for configuration management and development of software that helps to find ways to use in configuration management.
- Scrum Master Certified
- 3+ years of experience managing releases and schedule management with strong background in system analysis and development lifecycle
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in using Collaboration tools like JIRA, Confluence, and MS Office Tools
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in building release metrics and dashboards
- 2+ years of Project Management or Team Lead experience
- Strong leadership, analytical and communication skills
- Ability to coordinate cross-functional work across team to drive release timelines and quality
- Advanced knowledge of Agile and DevOps methodologies
About the Company:
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (“FLEETCOR”) is a leading global provider of business payment solutions. We help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment of various domestic and cross-border payables using specialized payment products. We serve businesses, partners, merchants, consumers and payment networks in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- $2.4B Annual Revenue
- 600,000 Directly Served Business Clients
- 2.6B+ Transactions per Year
- 8,400+ Employees
(as of December 31, 2020)
Our payment solutions provide our customers with a payment method designed to be superior to and more robust and effective than what they use currently, whether they use a competitor’s product or another alternative method such as cash or check. We group our payment solutions into five primary categories: Fuel, Lodging, Tolls, Corporate Payments and Gift. Each category is unique in its focus, customer base and target markets, but they also share a number of characteristics: customers are primarily businesses, have recurring revenue models, have specialized networks which create barriers to entry, have high margins, and have similar selling systems.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
Despite many advances in our industry, the majority of business payments are still made with outdated and inferior payment methods, such as checks and cash. We envision a business world where every purchase is controlled, every payment is digital, and every payment-related decision is well-informed. In this future paperless state, payments will require little to no time to manage, leaving companies with more time for what matters most: activities that grow their businesses.
FLEETCOR’s mission is to provide businesses with a better way to pay, by replacing outdated payment methods such as checks and cash, and displacing the incumbent providers of those methods. Through the digitalization of payments, we create and support robust ecosystems which benefit all participating constituents: payment-making customers, payment-accepting merchants, tax-collecting governments, and FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR is a growth company, and we employ a simple three-prong strategy for growing our business:
- More Customers. We invest more than $200 million per year in sales and marketing, predominately focused on new customer acquisition. We continue to scale existing sales channels and headcount, enable our sales people with demand generation and other tools, and launch new distribution channels both internally and through partners such as ERP software providers, telematics companies, and banks. We will also grow our customer base inorganically through acquisitions.
- More Spend. We seek to leverage our existing customer relationships and capture greater share of their business payment expenditures. As such, we have developed various “beyond” initiatives, where we extend the utility of an existing payment product without degrading the core value proposition of the original product. As such, a customer can “buy more stuff” without sacrificing the controls and reporting which attracted the customer to our product to begin with. For example:
- Our Fuel card customers can enable their cards to allow non-fuel purchases relevant to their business, like allowing a painting crew to buy supplies at a home improvement store, so they can finish the paint job.
- Our Toll tag customers can use their in-vehicle RFID tags to make other “on the go” purchases like parking, fuel and fast-food.
For our customers, these product extensions reduce payment friction, saving them time and operational headaches. For FLEETCOR, these product extensions can increase our share of wallet with existing customers and can increase our products’ appeal and applicability to previously-unserved customer segments (e.g., non-toll urban dwellers). We also create new product offerings, developed internally or in conjunction with partners, to cross-sell to our existing customer base.
- More Geographies. We continue to seek attractive entry opportunities in major international markets, which we intend to pursue through acquisitions and partnerships.
Together we can foster true belonging. We know different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds lead to better innovation and results. We are therefore committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” at FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR’s culture reflects our history of fast growth and our continued drive for results. Our entrepreneurial spirit remains strong across our global workforce, and we reinforce these principles in our five core values:
- Innovation: Figure out a better way
- Execution: Get it done quickly
- Integrity: Do the right thing
- People: We make the difference
- Collaboration: Accomplish more together
These values guide all of our employees and are infused in all aspects of our Company. We are, as a team, united through these shared values and our mission to provide “a better way to pay.”
Our values foster an inclusive culture through the expectation that all employees will treat each other with respect and appreciate the diversity of identities, thoughts, backgrounds and styles. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture has never been more essential than in this moment of national reflection. We must always celebrate the diversity of our company and our communities.
We strongly believe that the quality and diversity of our workforce provide FLEETCOR with a competitive advantage, and that our problem-solving and solution-building efforts are greatly enhanced when we harness the collective thinking of a diverse group of people with unique experiences and perspectives.
FLEETCOR’s COVID-19 Hiring Guidelines:
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are temporarily working from home. In addition, FLEETCOR implemented a virtual interviewing and hiring process, engaging with talent by phone or video and onboarding new employees remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Job Family Managers
- Pay Type Salary
- Lexington, KY, USA
- Wichita, KS, USA