Vice President, Customer Experience Operations
The VP, CX Operations for North American Fuel is a key role owning 24/7 Customer Care across multiple locations onshore and offshore (~250 associates). This Sr. Operations leader will drive service delivery across voice, chat, and email with new & developing digital transformation. The VP is responsible for overseeing day-to-day management of 24/7 support, including its people, processes, and technology. This role will proactively engage with North American Fuel stakeholders to build and maintain an effective servicing model. The VP will create and maintain a highly collaborative culture and operating environment committed to associate engagement, customer advocacy, and overall continuous improvement. Key responsibilities include direct ownership of offshore vendor management for both onshore and offshore operations, contact forecasting, scheduling and overall expense management.
Immediate key performance expectations
- Meet / interview all relevant operational, financial, internal and external stakeholders and deeply engage to become familiar with North American Fuel and FLEETCOR overall
- Develop a deep understanding of CX Operations including delivery strengths and weaknesses, leadership team capabilities, organizational structure, KPI’s, budget, variance to budget, strategic initiatives and competitors
- Create collaborative thought leadership in developing and then rolling out plan to drive improved service delivery, associate engagement, and change management around strategic initiatives
Key and On-Going Responsibilities
- Building a collaborative operation that provides a differentiated and concierge level of service to all internal and external customers and stakeholders
- Establishing a culture that is dedicated to service excellence, client advocacy, and issue resolution/ownership that delivers an outstanding customer experience
- Optimize service operation onshore and offshore to deliver the best possible customer experience within operating expense expectations
- Responsible for onshore and offshore vendor workforce management capabilities including forecasting, scheduling and real-time management to maintain service level objectives
- Enable stakeholder collaboration to drive business objectives and customer experience initiatives
- Establish quality management processes to deliver service and compliance quality
- Deliver business process improvements on an ongoing basis to improve operational performance, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Provide oversight of hiring, training, quality management, staff management and development, and workforce planning to build a highly engaged workforce
- Directly support budgeting and planning (including salary planning) to support customer experience initiatives and operational KPI’s
- Drive a great place to work environment by creating a friendly, inclusive, and supportive work environment that attracts and retains high-quality talent, invests in their development and keep attrition low
- Develop and deliver CX score cards with a bias to the voice of customer
- Providing regular updates to Sr. Leaders and Stakeholders Customer Experience Delivery continuous improvement
- Support and directly participate in contract negotiations for new or existing contact center vendors
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 10 years plus experience in a Contact Center or client service organization (Master’s degree would also be preferred)
- Some experience within financial services industry is preferred along with strong working knowledge of Card and Payment products, procedures, and processes with contact center technology and applications; we are open to equivalent Contact Center industry experiences building or enhancing a world-class organization
- Strong working knowledge of client service, sales and marketing functions; an individual that is knowledgeable about the latest trends and technologies used to create contact center excellence
- Experience in building and leading multi-location Omni-channel contact centers
- A proven track record of success delivering and driving execution of enterprise-wide strategic programs; demonstrated ability to lead complex strategic initiatives within a technical and/or business environment
- Collaboration capable leader who develops excellent working relationships and effective communications with internal and external stakeholders
- Customer-centric leader who enjoys finding creative solutions for customer issues and needs
- Solid analytical, problem-solving, financial, and technical acumen
- Strong interpersonal skills, effective in influencing others without direct leadership responsibility, and adept at conflict resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; effective listener
- Outstanding and proven people-management skills, including an understanding of how to attract, develop and retain talented workers; an individual who is dedicated to the success of their employees and developing a highly engaged workforce
About the Company:
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (“FLEETCOR”) is a leading global provider of business payment solutions. We help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment of various domestic and cross-border payables using specialized payment products. We serve businesses, partners, merchants, consumers and payment networks in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- $2.4B Annual Revenue
- 600,000 Directly Served Business Clients
- 2.6B+ Transactions per Year
- 8,400+ Employees
(as of December 31, 2020)
Our payment solutions provide our customers with a payment method designed to be superior to and more robust and effective than what they use currently, whether they use a competitor’s product or another alternative method such as cash or check. We group our payment solutions into five primary categories: Fuel, Lodging, Tolls, Corporate Payments and Gift. Each category is unique in its focus, customer base and target markets, but they also share a number of characteristics: customers are primarily businesses, have recurring revenue models, have specialized networks which create barriers to entry, have high margins, and have similar selling systems.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
Despite many advances in our industry, the majority of business payments are still made with outdated and inferior payment methods, such as checks and cash. We envision a business world where every purchase is controlled, every payment is digital, and every payment-related decision is well-informed. In this future paperless state, payments will require little to no time to manage, leaving companies with more time for what matters most: activities that grow their businesses.
FLEETCOR’s mission is to provide businesses with a better way to pay, by replacing outdated payment methods such as checks and cash, and displacing the incumbent providers of those methods. Through the digitalization of payments, we create and support robust ecosystems which benefit all participating constituents: payment-making customers, payment-accepting merchants, tax-collecting governments, and FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR is a growth company, and we employ a simple three-prong strategy for growing our business:
- More Customers. We invest more than $200 million per year in sales and marketing, predominately focused on new customer acquisition. We continue to scale existing sales channels and headcount, enable our sales people with demand generation and other tools, and launch new distribution channels both internally and through partners such as ERP software providers, telematics companies, and banks. We will also grow our customer base inorganically through acquisitions.
- More Spend. We seek to leverage our existing customer relationships and capture greater share of their business payment expenditures. As such, we have developed various “beyond” initiatives, where we extend the utility of an existing payment product without degrading the core value proposition of the original product. As such, a customer can “buy more stuff” without sacrificing the controls and reporting which attracted the customer to our product to begin with. For example:
- Our Fuel card customers can enable their cards to allow non-fuel purchases relevant to their business, like allowing a painting crew to buy supplies at a home improvement store, so they can finish the paint job.
- Our Toll tag customers can use their in-vehicle RFID tags to make other “on the go” purchases like parking, fuel and fast-food.
For our customers, these product extensions reduce payment friction, saving them time and operational headaches. For FLEETCOR, these product extensions can increase our share of wallet with existing customers and can increase our products’ appeal and applicability to previously-unserved customer segments (e.g., non-toll urban dwellers). We also create new product offerings, developed internally or in conjunction with partners, to cross-sell to our existing customer base.
- More Geographies. We continue to seek attractive entry opportunities in major international markets, which we intend to pursue through acquisitions and partnerships.
Together we can foster true belonging. We know different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds lead to better innovation and results. We are therefore committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” at FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR’s culture reflects our history of fast growth and our continued drive for results. Our entrepreneurial spirit remains strong across our global workforce, and we reinforce these principles in our five core values:
- Innovation: Figure out a better way
- Execution: Get it done quickly
- Integrity: Do the right thing
- People: We make the difference
- Collaboration: Accomplish more together
These values guide all of our employees and are infused in all aspects of our Company. We are, as a team, united through these shared values and our mission to provide “a better way to pay.”
Our values foster an inclusive culture through the expectation that all employees will treat each other with respect and appreciate the diversity of identities, thoughts, backgrounds and styles. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture has never been more essential than in this moment of national reflection. We must always celebrate the diversity of our company and our communities.
We strongly believe that the quality and diversity of our workforce provide FLEETCOR with a competitive advantage, and that our problem-solving and solution-building efforts are greatly enhanced when we harness the collective thinking of a diverse group of people with unique experiences and perspectives.
FLEETCOR’s COVID-19 Hiring Guidelines:
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are temporarily working from home. In addition, FLEETCOR implemented a virtual interviewing and hiring process, engaging with talent by phone or video and onboarding new employees remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function MANAGEMENT_NONSALES
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Employee
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 5301 Maryland Way, Brentwood, TN 37027, USA