Business Development, Team Lead
Cambridge Global Payments, a FLEETCOR company, is a leading provider of integrated cross-border payment services and risk management solutions. As a trusted partner for 25 years, Cambridge delivers innovative solutions designed to mitigate foreign exchange exposure and address unique business needs. Our award-winning capabilities and industry-leading technologies simplify the way businesses connect with the global marketplace. As one of the largest bank-independent providers globally, we are flexible and responsive, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia. Learn more at cambridgefx.comand follow us on Twitter- and LinkedIn.
ROLE FUNCTION AND PURPOSE
Cambridge is looking for a motivated Business Development Team Lead to join their thriving sales teams in our Chicago, US office. This is an exciting opportunity in a corporate sales environment where you will be exposed to the competitive, coveted financial sector. The successful candidate will offer their leadership, knowledge, experience, confidence and build credibility with prospects in the international payments and foreign exchange sales arena.
The Business Development, Team Lead’s primary responsibility is to oversee the Lead Generation team.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the Chicago, IL & Austin, TX Business Development team with day-to-day activities
- Coach the team to convey consistent messaging in order to gain greater traction generating qualified and quality 1st appointments
- Ensure that team members are focused on working high quality medium to large sized prospects that fit within the pre-defined FX exposure thresholds
- Conduct weekly 1x1 sessions with the team to review pipelines, provide coaching and address any issues. All issues must be escalated to your reporting manager on a weekly basis.
- Supervise consistent level of activities, with a strong focus on meeting KPIs, assist with escalations, and ensure that any issues are resolved efficiently
- Able to lead by example by identifying quality prospects and successfully booking qualified 1st appointments
- Participate in the recruitment, training and set up of new hires in the team
- Liaise with management to communicate service issues, updates to support the monthly branch reporting and new opportunities
- Drive to achieve monthly targets by identifying and qualifying prospects
- Set appointments with a prospect to conduct either a phone discussion or a face to face meeting with an experienced Cambridge Sales Team.
- Follow along the sales process to gain the knowledge and skills required to advance your career
- Continually market those prospects who are not ready to move to Cambridge by making periodic calls, sending timely market updates and marketing materials
- Make regular updates to the company CRM system, Salesforce.com
- Source and generate leads for potential new business
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree/ Diploma in Business, Finance, Marketing, or related field;
- 3 - 6 years of inside and/or outside sales experience;
- Experience in the financial/banking industry would be an asset with exposure to and understanding of global payment formatting requirements (major, minor, and exotic markets)
- 2 + years of previous team lead and/ or supervisory experience;
- Knowledge of the financial markets will be a plus, along with payment process understanding (training will be given);
- Proficient in Microsoft Office;
- IT literate with the ability to quickly learn new systems;
- Experience with CRM systems (i.e. Salesforce.com); and
- Demonstrated level of sales confidence during the interview process.
ABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong leadership skills; organizational and administrative skills;
- Strong sense of professionalism;
- Tenacity, resilience and a positive outlook;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work independently under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Credibility, and confidence to liaise with Directors, and C-Level Executives of large corporations;
- Drive to succeed;
- Proven ability to deliver results within required deadlines;
- Ability to work in a metrics reporting environment; and
- The ability to work independently and as a team player.
About the Company:
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (“FLEETCOR”) is a leading global provider of business payment solutions. We help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment of various domestic and cross-border payables using specialized payment products. We serve businesses, partners, merchants, consumers and payment networks in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- $2.4B Annual Revenue
- 600,000 Directly Served Business Clients
- 2.6B+ Transactions per Year
- 8,400+ Employees
(as of December 31, 2020)
Our payment solutions provide our customers with a payment method designed to be superior to and more robust and effective than what they use currently, whether they use a competitor’s product or another alternative method such as cash or check. We group our payment solutions into five primary categories: Fuel, Lodging, Tolls, Corporate Payments and Gift. Each category is unique in its focus, customer base and target markets, but they also share a number of characteristics: customers are primarily businesses, have recurring revenue models, have specialized networks which create barriers to entry, have high margins, and have similar selling systems.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
Despite many advances in our industry, the majority of business payments are still made with outdated and inferior payment methods, such as checks and cash. We envision a business world where every purchase is controlled, every payment is digital, and every payment-related decision is well-informed. In this future paperless state, payments will require little to no time to manage, leaving companies with more time for what matters most: activities that grow their businesses.
FLEETCOR’s mission is to provide businesses with a better way to pay, by replacing outdated payment methods such as checks and cash, and displacing the incumbent providers of those methods. Through the digitalization of payments, we create and support robust ecosystems which benefit all participating constituents: payment-making customers, payment-accepting merchants, tax-collecting governments, and FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR is a growth company, and we employ a simple three-prong strategy for growing our business:
- More Customers. We invest more than $200 million per year in sales and marketing, predominately focused on new customer acquisition. We continue to scale existing sales channels and headcount, enable our sales people with demand generation and other tools, and launch new distribution channels both internally and through partners such as ERP software providers, telematics companies, and banks. We will also grow our customer base inorganically through acquisitions.
- More Spend. We seek to leverage our existing customer relationships and capture greater share of their business payment expenditures. As such, we have developed various “beyond” initiatives, where we extend the utility of an existing payment product without degrading the core value proposition of the original product. As such, a customer can “buy more stuff” without sacrificing the controls and reporting which attracted the customer to our product to begin with. For example:
- Our Fuel card customers can enable their cards to allow non-fuel purchases relevant to their business, like allowing a painting crew to buy supplies at a home improvement store, so they can finish the paint job.
- Our Toll tag customers can use their in-vehicle RFID tags to make other “on the go” purchases like parking, fuel and fast-food.
For our customers, these product extensions reduce payment friction, saving them time and operational headaches. For FLEETCOR, these product extensions can increase our share of wallet with existing customers and can increase our products’ appeal and applicability to previously-unserved customer segments (e.g., non-toll urban dwellers). We also create new product offerings, developed internally or in conjunction with partners, to cross-sell to our existing customer base.
- More Geographies. We continue to seek attractive entry opportunities in major international markets, which we intend to pursue through acquisitions and partnerships.
Together we can foster true belonging. We know different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds lead to better innovation and results. We are therefore committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” at FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR’s culture reflects our history of fast growth and our continued drive for results. Our entrepreneurial spirit remains strong across our global workforce, and we reinforce these principles in our five core values:
- Innovation: Figure out a better way
- Execution: Get it done quickly
- Integrity: Do the right thing
- People: We make the difference
- Collaboration: Accomplish more together
These values guide all of our employees and are infused in all aspects of our Company. We are, as a team, united through these shared values and our mission to provide “a better way to pay.”
Our values foster an inclusive culture through the expectation that all employees will treat each other with respect and appreciate the diversity of identities, thoughts, backgrounds and styles. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture has never been more essential than in this moment of national reflection. We must always celebrate the diversity of our company and our communities.
We strongly believe that the quality and diversity of our workforce provide FLEETCOR with a competitive advantage, and that our problem-solving and solution-building efforts are greatly enhanced when we harness the collective thinking of a diverse group of people with unique experiences and perspectives.
FLEETCOR’s COVID-19 Hiring Guidelines:
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are temporarily working from home. In addition, FLEETCOR implemented a virtual interviewing and hiring process, engaging with talent by phone or video and onboarding new employees remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Job Family Sales
- Pay Type Salary
- Chicago, IL, USA