Project Controls Analyst
At Dynamic Aviation, we solve unique challenges for our customers with innovative aviation solutions. Our focus is on operations that serve, protect, and enhance the lives of families and communities worldwide. Whether modifying aircraft to help protect our service members overseas, performing geographical mapping for scientific research, or working to suppress large wild fires on the West Coast, we serve with integrity and excellence.
Since our beginning in 1967, Dynamic Aviation continues a legacy of building strong relationships among our coworkers, community and customers. Guided by our values, our talented team of more than 700 aviation professionals provide the foundation of our success. At Dynamic Aviation, everyone has the opportunity to make an impact and enrich the lives of others.
You will grow both personally and professionally being a part of our team. We enjoy helping our employees achieve their potential and support them every step of the way.
Are you ready to make a difference in your career and in the world? Opportunity awaits!
Job Purpose: The Project Controls Analyst performs financial reviews of program scopes, schedules, cost estimates and risk levels for on-going programs. This position coordinates with Program Managers to regularly update actual costs, forecasted costs and schedule to complete key financial metrics and reports. Serving a critical role and high impact for the business in bids, proposals and program initiation, the PCA establishes cost recording structures to support accurate pricing and ongoing analysis.
· Gather supporting data, analyze, recommend, and prepare ETCs (Estimates to Complete) and EACs (Estimates at Completion) for program management review
· Develop program baseline plans and conduct monthly update of program progress through polling and interview of appropriate supervisors
· Collect, coordinate and track cost data with contractors, vendors, and project team members to manage program forecast and create or adjust spend plans
· Create program management tracking mechanisms (primarily using MS Power BI and MS Excel) to augment ERP systems, including regular executive team reports
· Utilize ERP systems to create cost data elements for use in future Bases of Estimate
· Ensure compliance with company financial policies and procedures, to include revenue recognition policies and project set up rules
· Collaborate with Finance on monthly reconciliation of billed/unbilled vs. revenue activity, validating direct costs and researching unexplained reconciling items
· Ensure timely and accurate updating of program metrics and dashboards
· Understand and apply earned value management principles in creation and maintenance of program execution tracking metrics
· Work closely with the Contracts Administrator in tracking backlog, funding levels, and supporting the review of contract modifications
· Other duties as assigned
· Demonstrated financial analysis skills, including cost estimating experience and knowledge
· Demonstrated experience with MS Office products, knowledgeable in MS Excel and Power BI
· Analytically oriented, able to independently develop management tools for specific scenarios
· Prepare and coordinate monthly financial status with the customer
· Excellent critical thinking, written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work productively in a fast-paced, changing environment
· Ability to obtain U.S. Secret Security Clearance
· Experience with an ERP system preferred (experience with more than one a plus)
· Demonstrated hands-on experience with government contracts preferred
· Knowledgeable about Earned Value Management principles preferred
· Understanding of cost and schedule development and controls preferred
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or a related field of study is desired or minimum of three years of relevant experience is required.
- Pay Type Salary
- Bridgewater, VA, USA