Oil Spill Response 737 Maintenance Lead
At Dynamic Aviation, we solve unique challenges for our customers with innovative aviation solutions. Our focus is on operations that serve, protect, and enhance the lives of families and communities worldwide. Whether modifying aircraft to help protect our service members overseas, performing geographical mapping for scientific research, or working to suppress large wild fires on the West Coast, we serve with integrity and excellence.
Since our beginning in 1967, Dynamic Aviation continues a legacy of building strong relationships among our coworkers, community and customers. Guided by our values, our talented team of more than 700 aviation professionals provide the foundation of our success. At Dynamic Aviation, everyone has the opportunity to make an impact and enrich the lives of others.
You will grow both personally and professionally being a part of our team. We enjoy helping our employees achieve their potential and support them every step of the way.
Are you ready to make a difference in your career and in the world? Opportunity awaits!
Job Location: Bridgewater, VA
The OSR 737 Maintenance Lead role exists to support the Public Health & Safety department by providing leadership to quality mechanics performing maintenance, and repairs on assigned aircraft.
- Ensure maintenance on assigned aircraft is performed to specifications as scheduled
- Ensure the safety and serviceability of all Aerospace Ground Support Equipment
- Ensure all mechanics have clear understanding of the project they are working on and remain on task
- Ensure maintenance is performed in accordance with the Boeing 737 Maintenance Manual
- Read and interpret maintenance manuals and FAA/manufacturer publications and directives to determine the feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components
- Schedule maintenance on assigned aircraft or ground support equipment
- Understand and apply FAA regulations and standards
- Report aircraft status to Maintenance Operations Manager regularly
- Troubleshoot and replace or repair worn, defective, or damaged components using hand tools, gauges, and testing equipment
- Read and interpret pilots’ discrepancies to diagnose cause
- Assemble and install electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic, and structural components and accessories, using hand or power tools.
- Complete required paperwork to comply with Federal Regulations and Company procedures
- Maintain parts inventory and ensure necessary parts are ordered as needed
- Communicate critical information to company headquarters, establish relationship with other service providers at each location the plane is stationed
- Act as customer service representative with tasks as requested by management/pilots, assist pilots with aircraft servicing pre/post flight
- Responsible for completing expense reports in a timely manner < 14 days
- Other duties as required
- High school diploma or GED required
- FAA A&P certificate required
- Ability to lead a group of mechanics to complete projects in a given timeframe
- Ability to multi task well in a fast pace work environment
- Avionics/Electrical knowledge required
- Valid US Passport
- Minimum of 5 years aircraft experience of Boeing 737 or like series aircraft experience required
- Ability to travel away from home location for 30 days based on customer needs (longer if needed)
- Good teamwork, communication, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Computer skills including email and submission of detailed maintenance and flight information
- Strong customer service skills
- Highly resourceful
- Must provide own tools (tool list to be provided)
- Ability to:
- Crawl in and out of tight spaces
- Comfortably work at elevated heights of at least 30 feet for extended periods of time
- Lift, balance and carry 75 lbs.
- Work in enclosed hangars and exterior weather conditions
- Work in austere conditions
- Pay Type Hourly
- Bridgewater, 1402 Airport Road, Bridgewater, Virginia, United States of America