Forklift Operator - Day Shift
!!Starting pay $19.00 an hour!! !!Stand-Up/Reach Forklift Experience Required!!
$2,000 Hiring Bonus!!
Shift: Monday - Thursday 5am-1:30pm, Friday 4am-12:30pm
Summary: The Forklift Operator operates a forklift to move or transport palletized products from a loading dock and place in storage racks in a warehouse setting. The Forklift Operator is also responsible for replenishing products in pick locations throughout the warehouse and notifying inventory control on any issues. The work may include moving pallets from upper racks to pick shelves and combining leftover products onto newly placed pallets. Forklift Operators are also responsible for pulling bulk orders or “pallet pulls” and transporting these to staging areas. Certain activities may not be performed on every shift. Employees must be able to maintain the expected work pace, work accurately and meet minimum productivity guidelines established by DPI. The employees work in dry, refrigerated and freezer areas of a warehouse and may be exposed to one environment for long periods of time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate a forklift to transport, receive, store and position pallets of products and goods.
- Perform and document pre-work inspection on all equipment; complete final inspection sheet at the end of the shift.
- Re-palletize and stack product in the picking area onto pallets.
- Read and interpret work orders for product specifications and customer needs.
- Follow temperature sensitive protocols when transporting/staging pallets and prioritizing work flow.
- Operate the mounted forklift computer to receive work orders and assignments.
- Scan returned product to identify its final location using hand held scanner
- Apply knowledge of spatial relations for optimum stacking and storing of product and goods.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Change forklift battery when needed.
- Change tape roll on Arpac machine when needed
- Maintain clean work environment, which may include picking up trash or cleaning spills.
- Other duties may be assigned to fulfill DPI’s objectives.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: The employee must be proficient in English and basic math skills. A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) training and certification is required. Demonstration of proficiency in radio-frequency skills is needed.
Work Environment: The work environment is indoors. The employee may be exposed to variable temperatures from the three different product climates (dry, cold, freezer). There may be an extensive duration of time spent in cold and/or freezer temperatures. There is moderate noise level in the warehouse with occasional to frequent honking of forklift horns for safety. PPE and clothing for freezer environment may be necessary.
Work Hours: The work schedule is 5 days a week, 8 hours a day, Start times vary. Work hours and shifts are subject to change depending on operating business conditions and needs. The employee may be required to work overtime, holidays or weekends.
Physical and Mental Demands: Medium, exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force is required occasionally, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force frequently to move and place product when re-palletizing items. This job also requires constant standing. The employee must know and follow proper safety protocols, DPI grooming, hygiene and dress code requirements; know and apply temperature sensitive protocols when staging, transporting goods and prioritizing workflow, including follow sequencing or order directions. Must be able to apply knowledge of spatial relations for proper and safe product storage.
Our benefits package includes:
-Medical Plan Options (health, dental, and vision)
-Employee Assistance Program
-401(k) with employer match
-Company paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
-Company paid Short Term and Long Term Disability
-Vacation, Personal Emergency Days, and Company Paid Holidays
-Other great voluntary benefits include: Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Accident Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Legal Plan, and Pet Insurance
We participate in E-Verify, a program run by the US government that confirms your work authorization, based on the information that you provide on your Form I-9. For more information, click the links below.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $19.00
- Required Education High School
- Henderson, CO, USA