Warehouse - Clerk
Summary: The Warehouse Clerk inputs and maintains accurate information into DPI’s computerized system regarding inbound freight and prepares related and needed documentation involving such. The Warehouse Clerk interacts with both internal and external customers and vendors via electronic communication, telephone and at DPI warehouse locations. The employee must be able to adhere to established DPI service guidelines and timeframes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain inbound freight schedule by keeping and updating written and electronic appointment logs.
- Assemble, prepare and complete documentation for inbound freight by printing labels and incorporate with check-in documentation based on inbound freight schedule; close purchase orders; and prepare closing documentation.
- Communicate with inbound drivers and receivers via radio, telephone or in person to exchange information.
- Update sales order information and generate/process invoices; manage will call orders.
- Scan and update “returned office” labels from selection batches and generate invoices.
- Hand out work assignments to order selectors and update electronic tracking.
- Assemble route invoice paperwork for route dispatch. Complete bills of lading and shipping manifests.
- Submit electronic reports to and for external customers.
- Verify and check all orders and routes processed and completed for the day/night work orders.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain clean work environment, may include picking up trash or cleaning spills.
- Other duties may be assigned to fulfill DPI’s objectives.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: The employee must have proficient knowledge of English and basic math skills. A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Oracle or AS400 is preferred. Proficiency on Oracle or AS400 is required after 90 days. One year of warehouse clerk experience is preferred.
Work Environment: The work environment is indoors in the warehouse and the employee is exposed to a controlled climate. The floors may be concrete in the warehouse, vinyl or carpet on the interior office.
Work Hours: The work schedule is either 5 days a week, 8 hours a day, or 4 days a week, 10 hours a day. Start times vary. Work hours and shifts are subject to change depending on operating business conditions and needs. The employee may be required to work overtime, holidays or weekends.
Physical and Mental Demands: Light. Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and up to 10 pounds of force frequently, to move objects. This job also requires constant sitting. Constant use of the upper extremities is required to reach, handle, grasp and use desk tools, paperwork, files and operate computer systems. The employee must know and follow proper office and safety protocols; know and follow DPI’s grooming, hygiene and dress code standards; know and understand assigned customer requirements and DPI customer policies and procedures; able to manage time to meet deadlines; able to manage multiple customer accounts; and accurately follow sequencing or order directions for successful completion of task or assignment.
We participate in E-Verify, a program run by the US government that confirms your work authorization, based on the information that you provide on your Form I-9. For more information, click the links below.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Tualatin, OR, USA