Sr Audio Visual Design Engineer - Portland, OR (AVE)
Diversified: Connecting Organizations with Effective Collaboration
Take your place on our team - one that shares a DNA of excellence, professionalism, dedication and service! With projects in over 50 countries and spanning six continents, we offer opportunities in a wide array of specialties and locations, empowering you to mold your career path to fit evolving needs and interests.
Our dedication in delivering exceptional service, keen drive to encourage the internal pursuit of maturing career interests and our pliability towards the day to day lives of all who make us whole, thus making us more than a team – Here at Diversified, we are a family!
The sun never sets on our global team, with more than 50 locations around the world. Just imagine what’s on the horizon for you as a member of the Diversified family!
We are passionate about what we do, connecting people, technology and experiences, where and when it matters most. We strive to attract employees who are committed to excellence, ambitious and want to work with an organization that rewards performance, values loyalty and is dedicated to achieving mutually beneficial outcomes. We are committed to supporting employee growth and providing opportunities to continually learn and develop their skills.
Connect to your future at Diversified, where if you can dream it, you can do it.
About The Role
Senior Audio Visual Design Engineer - Portland,
The Senior Design Engineer is the single point of responsibility for definition, design and documentation of assigned projects. He/she is charged with the responsibility of working with assigned account executives, project managers and customers in providing application appropriate, well designed systems meeting the customer’s criteria, as well as applying good engineering design practices. He/she is also the interface between Engineering, Project Management and Installation. The Senior Design Engineer must be capable of translating systems sold into viable designs and become the technical authority on these systems once the Sales Turnover has been completed.
We are looking for team members who are excited by the opportunity to work with leading edge technologies in the design and implementation of systems fulfilling our client’s business needs.
What part will you play?
The role requires that you possess the necessary self-discipline to take ownership and responsibility for designing and delivering complex technical solutions from concept through to implementation and operational handover to the client, on time, within budget, and with accurate, comprehensive documentation.
The Sr. Design Engineer is the team leader and as such must be skilled in seeing the project as a whole system, and in breaking it down to sub-systems that they delegate to Design Engineers. He/she must give clear directions and ensure that all team members follow the Diversified and Industry standards so that all sub-systems integrate and provide the functionality promised to the client.
During a project timeline, the Sr. Design Engineer represents Diversified for all engineering items to the Client, Architect, General Contractor, other trades and Vendors. He/she will also support the Sales team in evaluating RFP’s and creating project proposals/bids.
As a senior position the role also requires that you coach and assist other members of the Design Engineering team in the use of internal processes and provide technical leadership and guidance. He/she should have a thorough knowledge of current technologies from the physical level (cables and connectors) to the high levels (e.g. vided compression). He/she is expected to keep themselves up to date with emerging technologies.
What will you be doing?
The job responsibilities of the Sr. Design Engineer include the following:
- Manages own time to perform within defined schedule.
- Delegate tasks, providing clear direction of required scope and schedule
- Review RFPs and assist in the creation of a Diversified Response
- Create Bill of Materials, Labor and Expense estimates
- Perform onsite surveys, noting all items that may impact technical, schedule or labor requirements.
- Maintain awareness of emerging solutions and technologies that may be applied to solutions
- Provide solutions within the customer’s budget without sacrificing quality and reliability.
- Develop detailed BOM once the sale is completed.
- Able to lead a technical team in defining system and functional block diagrams, then able to turn that into a full system design and include functional requirements for Software, Hardware, etc. through configuration and testing.
- Develop detailed infrastructure drawings for architect, GC and electrical contractor use.
- Develop detailed engineering drawings for rack layout, system wiring and custom plates or cabling assemblies.
- Provide coaching, leadership and technical expertise for other Design Engineers
- Contribute to the development of new platforms and products as appropriate for the customer business requirement
- Interface with Clients, Architect, General Contractor, Other trades and Vendors in developing solutions.
- Interfaces with all Tech-Ops and Engineering staff in developing site-specific solutions.
- Ensure that all systems are thoroughly tested and work as promised to the client.
- Assist other Design Engineers in efficient troubleshooting.
- Ensure that client is provided with full and accurate technical documentation.
- Perform other tasks as requested by Director Engineering.
What do we require from you?
- A degree in electrical or electronic engineering is preferable
- A thorough, demonstrable understanding of systems integration techniques
- Minimum ten (10) years of broadcast engineering experience with a proven track record in taking large broadcast video/audio projects from concept to completion
- Skilled in the use of AutoCAD
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Excel and Word
- Ability to clearly communicate complex technical concepts
- Able to occasionally lift objects up to 50lbs
- Able to work long hours when required
- Able to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- A logical approach to solving problems
- Able to mentor other members of the team
- A positive can-do attitude
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Collaborative work environments with dynamic growth opportunities
- Our commitment to your ongoing career development and education
- Comprehensive competitive benefits package
- Opportunities to work on some of the world's most iconic and innovative projects
- The ability to shine as an industry leader
Diversified: Imagination Engineered
As an industry leading technology provider, Diversified proudly connects our dynamic global clientele with the technology solutions that keep them competitive in an evolving market. From boardrooms to classrooms, command centers to surgical suites, and stadiums to studios, we turn technology dreams into strategic realities every day. Our passionate team delivers the most innovative solutions, lives on the cutting edge of technology and is constantly growing to better serve our expanding customer-base around the world. Connect to your future at Diversified, where if you can dream it, you can do it!
Diversified is an equal employment opportunity employer and all aspects of employment will be based on job requirements, individual qualifications, merit, performance and business needs. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We celebrate diversity and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions.
Individuals needing assistance or an accommodation to complete an application due to a disability, may contact Human Resources at 800.811.2771.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- Amboy, WA, USA
- Beaverton, OR, USA
- Gresham, OR, USA
- Longview, WA, USA
- Mishawaka, OR 97138, USA
- Portland, OR, USA
- St Helens, WA 98649, USA
- Tigard, OR, USA
- Watts, OR 97116, USA