Audio Visual Operations Engineer
Job Summary: The primary responsibility of the Audio-Visual Operations Engineer is to work within the Broadcast Production and ThunderVision Departments to provide engineering support for ThunderVision, Broncos Broadcasts, and stadium events. This individual works with the gameday and production staffs to ensure all AV technology and equipment operates efficiently and appropriately for all programming and distribution needs. In addition, the Audio-Visual Operations Engineer assists in the management and maintenance of all broadcast and ancillary equipment, including ThunderVision control room, broadcast studio, Daktronics displays and control equipment, ENG equipment, audio systems, IPTV, broadcast infrastructure, cabling, and other equipment, technology, and networks. It is also important for this person to stay current with technology advances while helping to recommend broadcast equipment and technology.
Meet Broadcast Engineering Goals by:
- Working directly with Senior Manager of Broadcast Engineering to ensure the success of all productions and production/distribution systems and equipment.
- Working with fulltime and event day staff to set-up and ensure proper operation of broadcast equipment.
- Assisting in installation, training and deployment of broadcast equipment and technology.
- Working with the broadcast and digital media teams to ensure distribution channels are established and properly functioning.
- Ensuring the proper operation of all broadcast and ancillary equipment including stadium monitors, IPTV, audio system, video, and LED ribbon displays, ENG/EFP gear, production control room, broadcast technology infrastructure, shared media storage and all related equipment.
- Performing preventive maintenance on broadcast and audio-visual equipment.
- Troubleshooting any individual production/distribution equipment or system.
- Remaining current on the advances of new video/media technology necessary to upgrade, improve and advance the production and distribution of media content, and specify brands, manufacturers, and equipment for these upgrades.
Meet Stadium Event Audio Visual Goals by:
- Coordinating audio visual services for stadium events.
- Meeting with stadium and department staffs to determine client technology needs.
- Managing integrated and portable audio-visual systems.
- Working with staff to facilitate and implement AV systems as required for each event
Contribute to a team effort by:
- Striving to have a positive and productive relationship with all department members.
- Sharing ideas for new equipment, procedures, and technologies.
- Respecting and engaging in positive relationships with other organizational departments.
- Providing appropriate feedback and participation within department meetings
- Performing other duties as assigned
Remain current on trends in the NFL, broadcast, and industry technology by:
- Continuing to educate self on industry technologies
- Developing relationships within the industry.
- Attending NFL and industry seminars and trade shows.
- Subscribing and reading industry publications and websites
Qualifications and Requirements
- Submit Professional Resume
- Submit a cover letter specific to the position
- A degree or certification in Electronics, Engineering, Broadcasting, Computer Information Systems, or related field.
- 2 years’ experience working with audio-visual systems (sound systems, wireless microphones, projectors, monitors, cameras, switchers, control room, etc.)
- 2 years of experience in telecommunications, digital signage, live broadcast and/or audio/video technology and presentation.
- Preferred candidate will have experience working as a video engineer in television broadcast, professional or collegiate sports, or event venue.
- 4 Year degree in Electronics, Engineering, Broadcasting, Computer Information Systems, or related field.
- 5 years of experience in telecommunications, digital signage, live broadcast and/or audio/video technology and presentation.
- Procedural knowledge of IP design including TCP/IP, routing, switching, network security, DNS, LAN/VLAN environments as well as knowledge of hubs, routers, switches, and multimedia control equipment.
- Conceptual knowledge of audio-visual systems (sound systems, wireless microphones, projectors, monitors, cameras, switchers, control room, etc.)
- Experience working under pressure situations
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to multitask
Other Appropriate Skills:
- Ability to multitask and adapt
- Ability to work in a fast-paced live production environment.
- Strong communication, trouble shooting, problem solving, and customer service-oriented skills
- Energetic, self-motivated, responsible, detail oriented and able to operate calmly under extreme pressure
- Must be available to work long hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Occasional travel
- Work in a collaborative environment and work well as a team member
- Maintain and cultivate an environment of creativity and positivity
- Ability to maintain a neat, clean, and professional appearance
General Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift 25lbs and up to 50lbs.
- Ability to stand for 5 or more hours during an event
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions, including but not limited to rain, snow, and heat.
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the expected salary range for this Colorado position is between $65,000 and $80,000. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law.
Stadium Management Company offers a robust suite of benefits for our Staff including: Paid Time Off, 401(K) matching program, Paid Holidays, affordable Health, Dental & Vision coverage, Basic Life and AD&D Insurance, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Flexible Spending Accounts to help offset the cost of dependent care and/or health care expenses, Tuition Reimbursement and an Employee Assistance Program.
This job posting will remain open until we have identified an adequate applicant pool. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $65,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $80,000.00
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 1701 Bryant St, Denver, CO 80204, USA