Qualified candidates must be able to work in our Commerce, CA office.
The Director of Compliance is responsible for overseeing the credentialing and compliance process for WSG Home Healthcare field employees. This position requires the Director to develop processes, procedures and guidelines to ensure compliance with State, Federal, Company & Joint Commission regulations and requirements for field employees. This position is also responsible for monitoring and providing business support on a variety of complex regulatory and legal procedures.
· Establish controls regarding client specific requirements and WSG core requirements
· Manage/maintain relationships with Corporate Regulatory partners, Home Healthcare management and field staff.
· Create processes and procedures while implementing strategies and assignments to obtain maximum efficiencies in all processes
· Conduct compliance risk assessments of projects and/or assessments
· Establish performance goals and metrics; holds supervisors and managers accountable for achieving team goals
· Develop work flows and job functions; responsible for developing training plans for new hires and tenured employees
· Responsible for ensuring accurate staffing levels; prioritize work and resources to meet departmental operational goals
· Evaluate staff performance and productivity; assists supervisors and managers on developing their employees through coaching and mentoring
· Conduct and perform all responsibilities associated with credentialing projects, programs and audits
· Perform thorough investigation/review and follow through on problem/issue resolution
· Foster an atmosphere of teamwork and positive attitude
· Perform all other duties as assigned.
· Create and coordinate budget and planning policies and procedures as they affect the various departments.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Healthcare or other similar discipline or any equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
· Three (3) years prior Medical Professional Credentialing experience.
· Three (3) years prior management experience in a credentialing environment or other high production document processing environment preferred.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
Business Acumen: In-depth knowledge of the business, industry, external marketplace, and the ability to conceptually pull together patterns or connections that are not clearly related; ability to apply insight across a wide range of tactical to strategic issues in order to consistently identify and select the best course of action.
Building People Capability: Commitment to ensuring that the right people are in the right roles and that individual’s feel empowered and supported to reach their potential; provides coaching to foster the learning of their team members, and likewise plays an active role in acquiring, developing and retaining talent for the larger organization.
Strategic Agility: Eagerness and ability to learn quickly and leverage a flexible mindset in response to shifting dynamics, adversity, and/or change; continually pushes oneself, their teams, and their businesses to learn, to generate new ideas, and (at times) to take needed risks to position the company favorably in the marketplace.
Disciplined Execution: Orientation towards a process-focused, decisive course of action that will ensure client/customer needs are met with a high standard of excellence, urgency and predictability; focused on the task at hand in the face of ambiguity, and applies past experiences and expertise to consistently pull through results.
Organizational Collaboration: Ability to partner across organizational lines and work cooperatively within and outside one’s own team in order to best serve client needs and exceed the expectations of end customers and clients; actively supports key decisions and promote a spirit of teamwork to demonstrate the commitment to the company.
· Must possess comfort in learning, training, and engaging with others virtually through Microsoft Teams and Zoom
· Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.