RA III/AVP – Portfolio Risk Management
Credit One Bank, N.A. is a data-driven financial services company based in Las Vegas. Founded in 1984, Credit One Bank offers a spectrum of credit card products for people in all stages of financial life. One of the fastest-growing credit card providers in the United States, Credit One Bank offers credit cards through the Visa®, Mastercard® and American Express® networks. Credit One Bank is the Official Credit Card of NASCAR®, the Las Vegas Raiders, the Vegas Golden Knights, and Best Friends Animal Society, and is a proud partner of WWE and Six Flags®. Learn more at CreditOneBank.com and on social media (@CreditOneBank) on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
We are looking for highly qualified professionals at our state-of-the-art, corporate headquarters in Las Vegas, NV. In addition to providing our card members with superior value and service, we are dedicated to providing engaging and challenging career opportunities for our employees. As a member of the Credit One Bank team, we’ll help you be your best and support you so you can reach your full potential.
Credit One Bank is a leading issuer of VISA branded credit cards with over 14 million active customers. With ever changing portfolio risk and profitability dynamics, and the drive to expand the business substantially beyond current levels, the Bank seeks to fill a position on its Portfolio Risk Management team.
In the role of Risk Analyst III or Assistant Vice President, the position will be primarily responsible for strategic account management for the Bank’s Balance Growth (BG) program. The BG team creates the strategy and manages programs for deepening customer relationships once they have been onboarded. The programs include Credit Line Increases, Convenience Checks and Balance Transfers. This position will own the customer lifecycle in regards to all BG programs and develop and leverage MIS to analyze efficiency of the of the BG program and make data-driven recommendations regarding potential strategy changes for the program.
This position should be a subject matter expert regarding portfolio composition, loss rate calculation, and P&L drivers. The position reports directly to the Assistant Vice President responsible for Portfolio Risk Management.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Represent the Balance Growth team to ensure that the BG programs are being executed properly
- Lead strategy and implementation for CLI exception process
- Ensure strategic alignment to overall enterprise-wide balance growth goals
- Work with peers to optimize current CLI, CC and BT programs and underwriting strategies to increase balance growth and enhance performance across all programs
- Assess all underwriting rules and strategies to align for business standards and strategic goals
- Work closely with the Finance Team to ensure P&L accuracy and alignment at program levels for monthly sign-off
- Anticipate issues based on knowledge of business trends and proposes direction and solutions
- Serve as an expert consultant to senior management on highly complex issues
- Research the impacts of business decisions
- Manage the rollout of company-wide pilot programs developed as a result of programmed models
- Partner with technology groups to define business requirements
- Oversee user acceptance testing and implementation of complex changes
- Lead efforts to enhance the CX as it relates to BG programs
- Represent the BG team for all audit related matters
- Interact with the OCC and/or Internal Audit and respond to any requests
- Provide work direction to various levels of analysts
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Math or related field
- 7+ years’ experience in Financial Services, Credit Card strategy, and Banking
- Intellectual horsepower with problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills and political savvy
- Knowledge of financial analysis and profitability drivers
- Ability to quickly assimilate and analyze large amounts of information
- Must be able to lead a strong team of analysts and prioritize multiple highly impactful projects
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft tool suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Experience in decision science or direct application of decision engine technology in a prior role
- Strong financial analytical skills with the ability to read, interpret, and evaluate, financial time-series tracking reports (including vintage analysis)
- Fundamental knowledge of credit scoring, credit underwriting, and credit risk management
- Familiar with a wide variety of credit card industry concepts, practices, and procedures including loss forecasting and Portfolio Management Strategy
- Advanced technical competencies using SAS Enterprise Guide and Miner and/or SQL, Excel and Tableau are required
Preferred (Not Required):
- Advanced degree
- Consumer Credit Card industry experience
- 5+ years' advanced use of at least one of the following: Microsoft Access, SQL Server, Oracle, or SAS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. However, the employee may choose to stand and move within cubicle area. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, feel, talk and hear; reach with hands and arms. Must possess the ability to effectively hear and communicate. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 2 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Credit One Bank, N.A. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Credit One Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and is not responsible for related fees.
- Job Family O1 - Assistant Vice President
- Pay Type Salary
- 6801 S Cimarron Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89113, USA