Risk Analyst, Portfolio Management
Credit One Bank, N.A. is a data-driven financial services company based in Las Vegas. Founded in 1984, Credit One Bank offers a spectrum of credit card products for people in all stages of financial life. One of the fastest-growing credit card providers in the United States, Credit One Bank offers credit cards through the Visa®, Mastercard® and American Express® networks. Credit One Bank is the Official Credit Card of NASCAR®, the Las Vegas Raiders, the Vegas Golden Knights, and Best Friends Animal Society, and is a proud partner of WWE and Six Flags®. Learn more at CreditOneBank.com and on social media (@CreditOneBank) on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
We are looking for highly qualified professionals at our state-of-the-art, corporate headquarters in Las Vegas, NV. In addition to providing our card members with superior value and service, we are dedicated to providing engaging and challenging career opportunities for our employees. As a member of the Credit One Bank team, we’ll help you be your best and support you so you can reach your full potential.
In the role of Risk Analyst, you will be part of the Portfolio Management and Financial Support team, and you will focus on the financial forecasting/reporting and support for all new product launches and business expansion opportunities. This role is responsible for ensuring the financial success of new products and businesses. This position is a part of the Risk Management department but supports the entire bank.
Summary Essential Job Functions
- Monitor the daily, weekly, and monthly trends of the credit card portfolio in order to identify risks and opportunities.
- Provide analysis on changes in trends, and insight into the underlying dynamics of the numbers. Provide analytical support to meet the company’s strategic goals.
- Support the evaluation of new product ideas with emphasis on financial impact and profitability.
- Develop and maintain tools to support the evaluation of new products.
- Collaborate cross functionally across Risk, Marketing, Customer Service, IT, and Finance to develop accurate new product and business financial projections.
- Develop multiple P&Ls for each new product scenario analysis, evaluating multiple scenarios and the financial impact of each product option.
- Review and analyze trends in card member performance and recommend strategies for new products.
- Conduct competitive and consumer research when needed to support the P&Ls.
- Present results to senior leadership, and be a subject matter expert on all drivers of profitability, being able to explain all parts of your work to leadership.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bacheler's degree in Finance, Economics, Decision Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in financial services, finance, or business development
- Knowledge of financial analysis and profitability drivers
- Demonstrated advanced use of at least one of the following: Microsoft Access, SQL Server, Oracle, VBA, Python or SAS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a customer focused, professional demeanor
- An ability to remain highly organized, well-rounded, flexible, and able to pivot direction when needed
- Ability to collaborate effectively and follow up to ensure achievement of deadlines, outcomes and results
- Ability to anticipates issues based on knowledge of business trends and propose solutions
- Ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- MBA, Master’s degree or Advanced quantitative degree preferred
- Minimum of 1-3 years work experience in consumer credit card industry preferred
- Minimum of 1-3 years work experience in risk management or equivalent industry experience preferred
- Advanced Excel and VBA skills preferred
- Advanced software competencies using SAS and/or SQL preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. However, the employee may choose to stand and move within cubicle area. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, feel, talk and hear; reach with hands and arms. Must possess the ability to effectively hear and communicate. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 2 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Credit One Bank, N.A. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Credit One Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and is not responsible for related fees.
- Job Family P1 - Professional
- Pay Type Salary
- 6801 S Cimarron Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89113, USA