Vice President, IT Infrastructure Engineering
Credit One Bank, N.A. is a data-driven financial services company based in Las Vegas. Founded in 1984, Credit One Bank offers a spectrum of credit card products for people in all stages of financial life. One of the fastest-growing credit card providers in the United States, Credit One Bank offers credit cards through the Visa®, Mastercard® and American Express® networks. Credit One Bank is the Official Credit Card of NASCAR®, the Las Vegas Raiders, the Vegas Golden Knights, and Best Friends Animal Society, and is a proud partner of WWE and Six Flags®. Learn more at CreditOneBank.com and on social media (@CreditOneBank) on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
We are looking for highly qualified professionals at our state-of-the-art, corporate headquarters in Las Vegas, NV. In addition to providing our card members with superior value and service, we are dedicated to providing engaging and challenging career opportunities for our employees. As a member of the Credit One Bank team, we’ll help you be your best and support you so you can reach your full potential.
The VP of Infrastructure Engineering will be responsible for defining and driving plans to build and evolve the Credit One Bank IT infrastructure engineering team while focusing on forward-looking infrastructure architecture to help the organization meet the business and technological goals set by the executive team. This position will provide technical guidance to improve timely project delivery while meeting the security, stability and scalability demands set forth by the CIO. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of modern enterprise infrastructure technologies such as hybrid cloud, containerization, automation and orchestration while having a proven track record of being an innovative technology leader.
Summary Essential Job Functions
- Partners with SVP, Infrastructure Engineering and Operations and the Enterprise architecture team to help deliver all Information Technology projects
- Lead cloud computing efforts and strategy communicating pros and cons of identified solutions
- Direct on-prem and cloud initiatives across different lines of business
- Review, evaluate and make technology recommendation based on the highest industry standards
- Analyze, assess and recommend changes and improvement of current infrastructure implementation
- Research the newest technologies that can support the ongoing modernization efforts and evaluate providers and services
- Follow, assist and address regulatory compliance guidelines
- Lean the infrastructure team to assist in the design and planning of technical RFPs, POCs and demos
- Create and manage technical reference infrastructure architecture patterns and standards
- Participates in design reviews for software and hardware projects with a focus on improving implementation and design best practices
- Define process improvements standards and strategies
- Works with department heads to improve process, governance and best practices
- Recruit, mentor and train highly skilled infrastructure team members to help with the continuous evolution of the Credit One Bank IT team
- Must possess an excellent understanding of IT infrastructure and cloud technology architecture
- Must have 10+ years technology background focusing on enterprise infrastructure
- 5+ years of infrastructure architecture and engineering experience including virtualization, cloud, server, storage, and networking (i.e: VMWare, Openstack, Openshift, Kubertenes, dockers, etc.)
- Experience in Cloud Computing, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
- AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, or any other public or private cloud providers
- 5+ years of leadership experience in information technology
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture, designing infrastructure environments with distributed enterprise systems, architecture and implementation standards
- Experience in DevOps, containers, microservices, APIs, infrastructure & cloud orchestration and monitoring technology is a big plus
- Knowledge of TOGAF, SDLC, ITSM, IT operations and programming skills is a plus
- Must have excellent communication skills and ability to work individually, within a team and partner with other business groups
- Experience in Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity initiatives
- Must have ability to develop policies & procedures, risk assessment and communicate effectively
- Experience with regulatory compliance audits and assessments
- Direct experience managing technical resources
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable candidates with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. However, the employee may choose to stand and move within cubicle area. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle, feel, talk and hear; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
Additional physical requirements for this position include:
- Lifting up to 75lbs as required, ability to relocate and move servers and network equipment.
Credit One Bank, N.A. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Credit One Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and is not responsible for related fees.
- Job Family O2 - Vice President
- Pay Type Salary
- 6801 S Cimarron Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89113, USA