CPY Capitol Hill - Studio Manager
HOW WE SHOW UP
We are fiercely committed to our Core Values: Attitude of Gratitude, Team Player, Deliver Results and Live our Mission. We embrace change with optimism and build positive working relationships by treating each other with dignity and speaking our truth fast with good intention and kindness. We act with integrity and consistently bring out the best in others. When things get tough, we keep calm and yoga on.
THE ROLE OF A COREPOWER YOGA STUDIO MANAGER
As a Studio Manager (SM), you live your power by delivering the world class CorePower Yoga experience including leading the operations of a yoga studio, coaching and inspiring the CPY classroom experience, creating a premium sensory in-studio yoga experience (clean and safe) for the community, and training a team of world class yoga instructors and mindful leaders. You build, grow, and lead a team of teachers and studio experience team members who collectively deliver CPY-winning and foster a Core Values culture. You work alongside your District Manager to deliver results and sustained growth towards all current company and studio-level goals.
Health and Safety Management in The Studio
- Lead, execute and train all current CPY Smart Health Protocol and Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines in studio including leading and training the SET team, personally cleaning all studio spaces to the CPY standards, and educating students on our updated systems
- Take ownership in the functionality of your studio and the physical space, and act as a liaison between the Studio Support Center facilities and IT teams and local facilities contractors
- Work with your Studio Coordinator to maintain an appropriate level of studio supplies so that all provisions and amenities are available for all students at all times
Studio Presence and Guiding the Student Experience
- You are an ambassador of the CPY Core Values and consistently inspire, train, and coach these values in others
- Commit to a minimum of 40 hours per week primarily in studio with some weeks flexing higher in hours, some less. This requires flexibility in service of the studio including acting as “on call” manager as needed
- Teach a minimum of 6 aligned CPY5 classes, in multiple formats, per week in support of studio success and a student-centric schedule
- Teach CorePower Live (live streamed) classes and will host them at your studio based on your area’s CorePower Live Schedule and direction with your District Manager
- Your leadership sets the tone for the studio’s culture and consistently reflects trust in our future, a commitment to growth and full team activation of our Core Values
- Support training and facilitation as needed of CPY programming and continuing education
Leading the Studio Team
- Own all processes related to the day to day operations of the studio including leading the teaching team, SET team and Studio Coordinator(s)
- You are responsible for communicating all CorePower Yoga policies, initiatives, and protocols for all staff members through the lens of the Core Values, company policies, and the Employee Handbook
- Consistently develop, recruit, hire and retain a Core Values driven studio team to support a growing business and talent pipeline
- Train, develop, and provide routine feedback to your Studio Coordinator(s) within your collaborative and team facing leadership schedule
- Own staffing for your studio’s class and SET schedule. You support preplanned time off, absences and subbing with daily management and team outreach
- Consistently develop your teachers and provide regular CPY5 Review feedback to foster continuous personal development and a world class yoga experience
- Oversee operations of the SET including recruitment, onboarding, training of Smart Health Protocol, delivering feedback for improvement, and scheduling
Grow the Business
- Take personal responsibility for continued revenue, profitability, and cultural growth of your studio by setting clear and actionable studio level goals that support larger regional and company initiatives
- Train and inspire your full team on Black Tag Membership retention and growth goals
- Partner with your District Manager in touch base meetings to tell your business story, set studio goals, and collaborate on progress of what’s working and what's not yet
- Partner with the analytics team to design the best schedule for your community by communicating the history and preferences of your specific student population through attendance and schedule optimization
- Provide solution-oriented feedback to your District Manager which would enhance the student experience and overall success of the company without judgement, fear, or blame
- You expand CPY’s influence within your community and on your studio’s social media platforms to enroll new students and company partners
- Own the retail business within your studio including achieving sales goals, merchandising new items, executing markdowns and sales, and maintaining visual excellence at all times
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Must demonstrate CorePower Yoga Core Values; Attitude of Gratitude, Team Player, Live Our Mission, and Delivers Results
- Excellent oral communication skills, professionalism and exceptional interpersonal skills are essential for maintaining the high level of customer service required for the position
- Completion of a relevant 200-hour teacher training or Yoga Sculpt program is required
- Preferred certification in every format at CPY
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and can prioritize while working under multiple deadlines
- Minimum of 1 year in customer service-oriented role required
- Minimum of 1 year in operations or retail leadership experience preferred
- College (BA/BS) preferred
- Familiar and comfortable in studio systems such as the HRIS, intranet, point of sale systems, company scheduling and payroll systems, etc.
- Ability to build relationships with individuals with diverse personalities and styles and at different levels of seniority
- Proven self-starter with ability to take on new projects with enthusiasm
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Experience in delivering actionable and supportive feedback for improvement to a variety of team members
THE FINE PRINT
- 5-6 days a week/40+ hours a week
- Availability must match the needs of the business and leadership zig-zag schedules – morning, evening, weekend, and some holiday availability and flexibility required
- Must be able to move around the studio space, crouch, reach, and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to step in to teach any class format with little to no notice
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2002 in Denver, CO, we create intensity for the body and presence for the mind. At CorePower Yoga (CPY), this is our promise. We live our power by showing the world the incredible life-changing things that happen when you root an intensely physical workout in the mindfulness of yoga. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned student, we believe in working every muscle and every emotion. We love the magic that happens in our practice while creating a work environment that offers challenge, opportunity, and job love. As a CPY team, we lead our studios through the passion and support of our Core Values, hard work, and a vibrant field and studio support team.
This job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, we reserve the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed. CorePower Yoga is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, BIPOC, LGBTQ, veterans & individuals with disabilities.
CorePower Yoga provides reasonable accommodation and/or modification to disabled individuals to assist in the application process. Any individual requiring accommodation/modification to complete this application should contact Human Resources at HumanResources@corepoweryoga.com.
Live your power by joining us in helping others live theirs.
- Job Family Primary
- Pay Type Salary
- Seattle, WA, USA